Liked: 449

Default 2006 Winter Sim League Race 4 - Watkins Glen

Ron Jones is still leading the pack in points as we head East to Watkins Glen. Trace Shadid makes a move up to 2nd in points while I'm bringing up the bronze to this point.

2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 0

Default woo wee

hey this is competitive stuff, so far in 3 races not one person has managed to win more than one heat per race track. Would like to also point out our Virtual rookie T$ is very much coming up to speed.

Liked: 146

is it tonight? What time?
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

We race on Tuesday nights at 8pm CST. You're welcome to join in, but first timers need to run a test run with us when we practice on Mondays (otherwise it's not mandatory) in order to sort out any bugs your system or connection may have.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 146

when is the WGI race? Next tuesday? If so I'll make sure to practice on monday!
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Yep, 3-14 we'll be at the Glen. All of the field runs laps under 1:10 if you need something to guage where you need to be. Really fast guys are in the 1:05s according to previous league times.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Carter
    Yep, 3-14 we'll be at the Glen. All of the field runs laps under 1:10 if you need something to guage where you need to be. Really fast guys are in the 1:05s according to previous league times.
    The series has been great so far.... I have really missed it. I have not been too thrilled with my performance and lack of preparation. With that said.... I thought I would stir it up a bit and give the race shop some bulletin board material.

I have been doing some practice laps here and I will tell you now.. good luck stopping me. My car is on a rail and your records from previous events will not keep the pace. Mine show DC as the man to beat... I hope you are able to show.. I'm looking forward to one heck of a battle.

Hopefully that will bring more people to the track...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Carter
    Hey Keith:
    Do you have a baseline setup you could pass along (to the rookie) ??
    Thanks!
    Tony

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by F2sizzzler
    The series has been great so far.... I have really missed it. I have not been too thrilled with my performance and lack of preparation. With that said.... I thought I would stir it up a bit and give the race shop some bulletin board material.

I have been doing some practice laps here and I will tell you now.. good luck stopping me. My car is on a rail and your records from previous events will not keep the pace. Mine show DC as the man to beat... I hope you are able to show.. I'm looking forward to one heck of a battle.

Hopefully that will bring more people to the track...
    Yeah, I just ran some "shakedown" laps this morning, I need to work on my setup... -Dave
    Last edited by Dave Hopple; 10.13.07 at 10:58 AM.

Due to my house getting hit by lightning last night and toasting my server, PC, cable modem, and all of my network components, the league has been put on hold until I can get everything going again. I'll keep you all updated...
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Don't know what you did to deserve that! Please quit it we need you back unfryed!

yell when you are back up!

sorry to hear that Keith... I hope everything is OK with your home...

How is reconstruction goinging? have you considered killing the insurance adjuster yet?

It's going ok. Actually I've been able to buy almost everything in order to have them reimburse me once I finalize the damage list. All I have to do is keep my receipts and itemize a list. Server motherboard should be in on Monday or Tuesday. We should be back on with the league a week from this coming Tuesday. Stay tuned...
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Liked: 6

Hi Guys,

I am sorry to have missed the events at VIR and Sebring - other commitments are conflicting with Tuesday nights. I am hoping to at least get out to MidOhio and Mosport and maybe a couple of others.

How is the rebuild coming along KC? Sorry to hear about the lightning strike!

Will the Watkins Glen race be held on Tue Mar 28? And all subsequent races put back by 2 weeks?

Wee Bobby
    Haggis Racing

Dell sent out a new motherboard for my server yesterday only to install it and find out that it was defective (gotta love refurb parts ). They're sending another one out next day so I should have it tomorrow. All things are looking good to proceed with the league on the 28th. Yes, everything will be pushed back so we will still follow the same schedule just pushed back 2 weeks. Hope you can join us for some racing Al and Wee!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

WE ARE ON FOR TOMORROW!

The server will be available for practice tonight at 9pm if you're interested. Racing resumes tomorrow at the regular time (8pm CST). Remember, with all of the new networking equipment at my house, I also have a new IP....

67 . 162 . 81 . 159
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

points are up!

Again Trace with the win bringing him to a tie for the points lead for the series. Way to go!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Hi Guys,

Sorry I missed the action last night. I did not see the post saying the race was back on till late. In any case, Tuesday nights is my poker night for another three weeks. I'd be interested in racing after that. Guess I should try some of the setups and practice before then. Keep me and other posible newbies posted on when you might be online practicing or just racing for fun.

Cheers,
    Allan Craighead
    eFormulaCarNews.com Managing Editor
    (226) 808-9472 Cell
    acraighead@howdenmediagroup.com

Thread Information