Liked: 0

Default 1984 Reynard Formula Ford for sale

I recently bought a new car and therefore offer my 1984 Reynard FF for sale. I built the car from the ground up starting with a bare frame in 1991. The car was built to go autocrossing, although this past year I took it Hill Climbing. The car has been very sucessful both Regionally and Nationally. It also holds a Hill Climb Record at Rose Valley, PA.

Specifications:

1600cc 116HP/112 lbs torgue engine Built by MWE of Long Island. Legal engine.
    94'' wheelbase
    1 set Panasport Ultra Light wheels with 2 sets of Hoosier R25A slicks
    1 set Compomotive wheels with new Hoosier Rain tires.
    car weighs 951 lbs.
    7:31 Ring and Pinion (4.42 rear) very quick
    8 sets of gears including integral 1st gear 13:37
    Most fasteners have been changed over to AN Aircraft quality SAE format
    Top quality rod ends
    Quick disconnect steering wheel.
    New Wheel bearings, front axle and wheel studs
    Sebring Body w tail
    6 pt harness in date through 2006
    onboard fire system
    Jet Hot Ceramic Exhaust
    Lightened CV Joints
    Taylor Blueprinted Hewland Transmission with custom annular clutch
    Koni Double adjustable 3011 Shocks(good for springs from 250 to 1500 lbs)
    Orginal Bilstein Shocks refurbished by Bilstein
    Rev Limiter
    Lots of other spare
    This car is still eligible for FF road racing. In board suspension outboard brakes.
    Has a current SCCA LOG book

$13,000

Custom 14' Pace Trailer available too. Will clear 7' garage doors for garage storage. The trailer has a single axle w/electric brakes and new tires plus spare. Trailer weighs 1700 lbs and has 3500GVWR. $3000.

Kurt Eikenberg
    Last edited by dogpatch; 11.01.05 at 9:06 PM. Reason: new price

Default 1984 Reynard FF for Sale.

One of the nice things about the Reynard is that the 1983 and 1984 were very well received and a lot of them were sold.The Reynard FCont 2000 uses the same basic chasis. Parts are interchangeable between them. International Racing Parts in VA and Averill Racing in Michigan can supply any parts needed. There are at least 6 or more engine tuners spread through out the country and Taylor Racing of Texas can supply anything needed in the driveline. Pegasus of WI has everything else available one might need. Formula Ford is a spec class and this keeps them very inexpensive to maintain and keep competitive when compared to other classes. Also participation levels for road racing and solo II are fairly high.
    Formula Ford is the perfect class: a spec class, low tech, big bang for the buck, a drivers car, and good way to learn suspension setup as everything is adjustable, and definitely a real race car. A good end in itself or a great stepping stone to higher formulas.

Kurt

Default 1984 Reynard Formula Ford for Sale

The new car is doing well so I still have the Reynard Formula Ford for sale. It is a good autocross car (finished 2nd and 3rd at ProSolo Nationals and won a Solo 2 National Tour Event at Wahington, DC, 3 time PA State C/M Champion and numerous regional championships. Last year I took the car hill climbing winning 8 out of 8 events in Formula Ford and broke the Hill Record for FF at Rose Valley by 11 seconds. Or maybe you want to go road racing. A very capable car indeed. Over 200 of the 84's were built so parts are plentiful. Fords are also the perfect car to race being a spec class.

Kurt
    Prince PR01 DSR 08
    Last edited by dogpatch; 07.22.06 at 8:32 PM. Reason: Car update

Default 1984 Reynard FF for Sale

Just to update that my car is still on the market.

Liked: 1

I personally can attest to the fact that this car is just as good as Kurt says. I've run against it for years and it is well cared for and quick.

Thread Information