Liked: 16

Default Type and size Allen for lower front wishbone

Hi guys;

What is the size of the T Handle needed for removing the lower front inside wishbone? The bolt that goes into the chassis. Looks like a Torx but not sure?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Late Braking Member
    Liked: 233

That looks like a 12 point NAS bolt with a hole in the center for safety wire. It'd be an imperial 12 point socket size. You might need a thin wall socket.

Steve

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License Messenger Racing's Avatar
    Liked: 170

Default Size matters

I use a 12 point 3/8 deep socket that I have machined down to fit inside the frame hole. I believe I may have had a car that required a 10mm deep socket with similar modification. I have also seen allen head bolts - yours looks to be as previously mentioned - a 12 point socket - probably 3/8.

The nut on the bottom is also hard to get a socket on. The problem is the hole will be very tight on most sockets and often epoxy has spread into the hole when the floor is replaced making it more difficult.

JM
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Thread Information