Thread: Augie Pabst

Liked: 287

Default Augie Pabst

Just saw that Augie Pabst passed away, a shame no doubt. Augie was my driving instructor when I started with SCCA in my FF at RA. Always remember his best advice, particularly about taking a late apex when first starting out as you were likely not to run out of track coming out of a corner and as your skill and experience came make you apex a little earlier! One of the really great drivers over the years and an example of what racing is all about. I remember running into him a few years later and asking him why he stopped driving especially since he was still very good, his answer " My family asked me do you want to be a race car driver or a Pabst VP?" He smiled his usual smile! A class act all the way. I remember at Lyndale Farms a race between Augie in a FJ and Jerry Hansen in a 289 Cobra, quite a sight! Jerry would sail past on the straight and Augie would sail past on braking and cornering but the lap times were identical, Jerry won because Start/Finish was halfway down the straight! RIP Augie! And his cornering advice would be wise for all to follow!

2. The following 8 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 683

Augie was bigger than life.

On the phone doing commerce, and I would ask if we could visit. He ALWAYS had time, and mused me with the restoration of the Pabst mansion, and of course, racing business.

I cannot imagine anyone on this website not knowing of this Gent. But if unaware, Google Augie Pabst, car in pool.

RIP, Augie.
    V/r

Iverson

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 390

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Iverson View Post
    Augie was bigger than life.

On the phone doing commerce, and I would ask if we could visit. He ALWAYS had time, and mused me with the restoration of the Pabst mansion, and of course, racing business.

I cannot imagine anyone on this website not knowing of this Gent. But if unaware, Google Augie Pabst, car in pool.

RIP, Augie.
    The basis for one of the incidents in Stroker Ace.
    Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

https://patganahl.com/2019/04/29/deep-six/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    V/r

Iverson

7. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 323

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Iverson View Post
    Thanks! Nice article.

Liked: 638

No no no..........

The deal was someone thought to get the pool full of Pabst instead of water......and this was the easiest way !!

God bless

Liked: 162

Quote clipped from
    https://patganahl.com/2019/04/29/deep-six/

"You see, all the earliest Falcons came with inline 6-cylinder engines, which I happen to know from long personal experience are good boat anchors."
    There is a glitch in the continuum...

Gents:

Now I see why Augie was easily persuaded to visit about the Pabst Mansion.

This is what you get if you graduate from high school. Just say’in.

https://www.pabstmansion.com/
    V/r

Iverson

Liked: 159

Default Pabst racing now

More info on the Pabst Racing Facebook pages and Pabstracing.com. They did pretty good this year.

Stan:

Funny you should say that.

The G. Heileman Brewing company of La Crosse WI owned the FBO at the La Crosse AP. The deal was, you top off, you get a case of beer.

Well, on drill weekends, we would often plan and execute a tactical combat assault onto La Crosse AP with about 15 UH-1 Hueys in formation, and a couple of OH-58 Scout A/C. Having flown from AASF St. Paul to La Crosse, but of course we needed fuel.

Back at the hangar, following 1630 hrs. closing formation, we would hit the second floor Officer’s Club. Fun time was had by all.

Quote Originally Posted by EYERACE View Post
    No no no..........

The deal was someone thought to get the pool full of Pabst instead of water......and this was the easiest way !!

God bless
    V/r

Iverson

Thread Information