Liked: 63

Default WTB: 18-20' Enclosed Trailer

Due to an "interesting" tow on the way back from Roebling a few weeks ago, I'm pondering the purchase of another trailer. Insurance totaled the current one and tossed out a decent number (shocking). I'm still waiting on a price from them on the buy-back cost, as repair is an option (it's roofing damage). But if there is something in the SE for reasonable money that fits the bill, I'll just give it back to them.

Current trailer is an older 20'x8.5'. Typical steel trailer, but kitted out with AC, flooring, shore power, 120V, insulation, etc. It's also the "camper" for track weekends. I tow with a diesel Cayenne. Not looking to tow anything longer than 20' with that.

So, what I'm looking for:
    - 18-20' Enclosed Trailer
    - Not a project
    - Already has AC, and shore power connection a plus
    - Insulated

Don't need a ton of built in cabinets, given I'm not towing with (and don't plan to purchase) a dedicated tow pig, weight is an issue.

There have been a few for sale here over the last year, so figured I'd ask just in case.

Thanks!

Liked: 8

Georgia is the trailer capital of the US.......I have an 8.5 by 20 on order, poly core screwless, 3500 torsion axles, spread axles, slant v nose, extra running lights, winch mount, black out package - $10,265

I didnt want finished inside, I will add my own cabinets and workbench and you buy the rubber coin flooring from Amazon. They can build with AC, bathrooms, fold down beds, etc.

Outlawcargotrailers.com

Liked: 63

Quote Originally Posted by WHOLLIS711 View Post
    Georgia is the trailer capital of the US.......I have an 8.5 by 20 on order, poly core screwless, 3500 torsion axles, spread axles, slant v nose, extra running lights, winch mount, black out package - $10,265

I didnt want finished inside, I will add my own cabinets and workbench and you buy the rubber coin flooring from Amazon. They can build with AC, bathrooms, fold down beds, etc.

Outlawcargotrailers.com
    Thanks for the response. There are so many GA trailer manufacturers. I get that there is no doubt a Tier 1 group of trailers, just spend some time on Rennslist trailer forum (I want to haul a car in it, not perform open heart surgery in it). $25k is the minimum buy-in there it appears. But is there a Tier 1 group, and everything else is about the same quality no matter the manufacturer?

Quote Originally Posted by wake74 View Post
    Thanks for the response. There are so many GA trailer manufacturers. I get that there is no doubt a Tier 1 group of trailers, just spend some time on Rennslist trailer forum (I want to haul a car in it, not perform open heart surgery in it). $25k is the minimum buy-in there it appears. But is there a Tier 1 group, and everything else is about the same quality no matter the manufacturer?
    I will give you that, they are not high end trailers, but I figure I saved $10,000 over name brand comparable trailers when I shopped around, I can make quite a few improvements and get quite a few race car parts for $10,000. My friend as an all aluminum 24, all decked out, just shy of $40k. $10k and change gets the car and all of the stuff to the race and back just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by WHOLLIS711 View Post
    I will give you that, they are not high end trailers, but I figure I saved $10,000 over name brand comparable trailers when I shopped around, I can make quite a few improvements and get quite a few race car parts for $10,000. My friend as an all aluminum 24, all decked out, just shy of $40k. $10k and change gets the car and all of the stuff to the race and back just fine.
    I also know a guy that buys the trailers, 30 footers or more, puts two smaller ones inside and goes to California to sell them, he marks them up about $3000-$5000 and sells them all day long.

Thread Information