Thread: Runoffs

Liked: 87

Default Runoffs

Did I miss it or are we avoiding the annual Runoffs thread? Hospital has been busy this week so I'm missing most everything...

Meg Sauce-Grenier

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 875

I think you are forging the path for us peaking in through the window. Hopefully some participants will give us some good info!
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 869

well, we're in FC but rooting for friends in FF

Mateo showed up today, sans any practice;
    Kotyk has his car pretty much sorted now;

only to find Kautz nearly 5mph faster than Kotyk, 8mph than no-draft Mateo, 6+mph on Fergusson

wow
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
    well, we're in FC but rooting for friends in FF

Mateo showed up today, sans any practice;
    Kotyk has his car pretty much sorted now;

only to find Kautz nearly 5mph faster than Kotyk, 8mph than no-draft Mateo, 6+mph on Fergusson

wow
    How's FC doing? I heard LaRue went home but I didn't know why or how everyone else's week is going.

Wow 5 mph without a draft?

What issues was Kotyk having?

I'm so late to the Runoffs party this year it's not even funny.

Liked: 346

Been watching the results on FF. Seems like the majority of cars that are in that class this year are Pipers. What is the story on engines in all the cars? Honda? If not, which ones are running the Kent ?

Liked: 869

Quote Originally Posted by CGOffroad View Post
    Been watching the results on FF. Seems like the majority of cars that are in that class this year are Pipers. What is the story on engines in all the cars? Honda? If not, which ones are running the Kent ?
    Kotyk has a Kent, Kautz and Mateo Honda's; not sure of the others.

Didnt say Kautz had no draft, said Mateo didn't.
    Kautz' second fastest trap speed was fully 5mph less, so yeah, maybe the draft of the century?
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1942

Quote Originally Posted by sauce_racer View Post
    How's FC doing? I heard LaRue went home but I didn't know why or how everyone else's week is going.
    John's older brother down in Florida is doing badly, so he and Sharon had to drive home and I took them to the airport this morning.

Give some good thoughts for his brother.

Liked: 217

Quote Originally Posted by sauce_racer View Post
    We started with 12 and are down to 10. John had an emergency and had to go home. Chris Scharnow was hit by the hurricane and made the correct decision to stay home with his family. Hartley MacDonald blew his engine so substantially that he damaged the frame of his car, was out, then back in again with a rental car that was literally assembled last night by Arms Up. Hartley was then hit by an Atlantic to start qualifying, so some good luck definitely deserves to go his way. The good news is the top of the field is VERY stacked. Minor, Varacins, Tomasi, Johnson, Kiriluk, and Allaer have all been trading fast laps and all have a shot at winning. Myself, Eade, Rocco, and Hartley MacDonald have all been battling issues since we rolled out of the trailer.
    Van Diemen RF99 FC

Thread Information