Liked: 0

Default Question for those of you who have moved across the country

How did you bring all your spare race car chemicals with you? We are planning to use PODS and they don’t allow any “hazardous” chemicals in them.

Contributing Member racingflyboy's Avatar
    Liked: 73

Moving out of MN, I put pretty much everything from the garage in my race trailer and hauled it with. Brought the car with on a previous trip.
    Steve Barkley
    1969 Palliser-Winkelmann WDF1 FF1600

Whaddya know! I am moving out of MN also. I am short one race hauler at the moment unfortunately. Also, we have decided to ship our vehicles and fly to our new state for various logistical reasons.

Has anyone used a hazardous materials shipper? What about hiring someone to tow a U-Haul trailer full of the stuff cross-country?

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1593

While it hurts your head to consider it, the costs of moving the stuff likely far outweigh the cost of replacing it.

I've moved cross country 3 times and always hauled my tools and the hazmat in my truck.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1941

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard_Loh View Post
    How did you bring all your spare race car chemicals with you? We are planning to use PODS and they don’t allow any “hazardous” chemicals in them.
    What do they define "hazardous chemicals" as?

Liked: 213

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard_Loh View Post
    You pack the Pod. They pick it up. How will they know what’s inside?

What you consider hazardous may differ from what I consider hazardous which may differ from they think is hazardous.

Pack carefully. Put in heavy plastic bags. Be done with it
    Cheers
    Len

Porsche River Oaks. Houston

8. The following 3 users liked this post:

Thanks for the ideas fellas. The wife and I are going through our options now.

Banned

You’ll want to look for companies that are certified to transport chemicals and have the necessary safety protocols in place. It might cost a bit more than typical moving services, but it ensures that your chemicals are moved legally and safely. Another option is to check with local racing teams or automotive shops that might be making similar moves or have the proper logistics already set up.

For reliable moving services that can offer advice or even specialized referrals, consider reaching out to ThreeMovers. They have a broad network and might be able to point you in the right direction or offer a solution tailored to your needs.
    Last edited by Elessar; 09.27.24 at 8:53 AM.

Thread Information