Liked: 319

Default Citation FV fuel cell

Now that the new shop is built I finally have room to work on the car again. The original fuel cell is toast, has cracks, will need a replacement.

If you have a good used one let me know.

Any sources with the Citation design such that I don't have to draw it up? The 4 gallon ATL will not fit as the rear is narrower than the front and narrower than the ATL wedge cell. Plus, I need the maximum amount of room available in the cockpit and have made a few adjustments to maximize the space.

Thanks!
    Barry

Contributing Member
    Liked: 535

Can you post a picture of your cell? Most companies do each one special.

we may have a source to do a multiple run, but they need to be identical to keep the price reasonable.

we are looking at the “winged verion”

ChrisZ

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 872

Quote Originally Posted by BLS View Post
    Now that the new shop is built I finally have room to work on the car again. The original fuel cell is toast, has cracks, will need a replacement.

If you have a good used one let me know.

Any sources with the Citation design such that I don't have to draw it up? The 4 gallon ATL will not fit as the rear is narrower than the front and narrower than the ATL wedge cell. Plus, I need the maximum amount of room available in the cockpit and have made a few adjustments to maximize the space.

Thanks!
    Barry
    Did you try contacting Steve Lathrop? He's a big guy and I was under the impression that he could fit in all the Citation cars he designed.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Garey Guzman View Post
    Did you try contacting Steve Lathrop? He's a big guy and I was under the impression that he could fit in all the Citation cars he designed.
    I've had some email questions answered years ago by the "master". Unfortunately, I'm not the best size for FV at 6'4. But I managed to eek out enough space to drive the car back when I rebuilt it. I then stretched it as the Citation was designed to the minimum wheelbase rather than the max, go figure. That was my downfall though, many mods, and then the car sat due to lack of space and not enough time. Anyway, I'll get it finished this year and enjoy some quality track time

Quote Originally Posted by FVRacer21 View Post
    Can you post a picture of your cell? Most companies do each one special.

we may have a source to do a multiple run, but they need to be identical to keep the price reasonable.

we are looking at the “winged verion”

ChrisZ
    Mine is the winged version. I believe it is a Lathrop design. I'd certainly be interested in participating in a "group" buy.

A couple pics I took earlier today with a ruler for some measurements:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Top View.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	176.1 KB 
ID:	112551   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rear View.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	148.6 KB 
ID:	112552  

Contributing Member
    Liked: 535

Quote Originally Posted by BLS View Post
    Mine is the winged version. I believe it is a Lathrop design. I'd certainly be interested in participating in a "group" buy.

A couple pics I took earlier today with a ruler for some measurements:

pm me with phone number and email. I will see where we stand with the project.

ChrisZ

Liked: 976

Harmon Racing Cells in Corona, CA builds custom cells at a reasonable cost. He built a nice custom one for me at a very reasonable cost and lead time.

https://www.harmonracingcells.com/
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by FVRacer21 View Post
    pm me with phone number and email. I will see where we stand with the project.

ChrisZ

Chris, done, sorry for being late.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    Harmon Racing Cells in Corona, CA builds custom cells at a reasonable cost. He built a nice custom one for me at a very reasonable cost and lead time.

https://www.harmonracingcells.com/

Dan, thanks. I actually did a quote from Harmon for my own design for my own design car, but have never had one made since I never built the car It was a reasonable price for a somewhat complicated cell.

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 174

Default Fuel cell

I believe Steve Lathrop out of Indy has the drawings for the Citation fuel cells and possibly can supply them
    to you? He's on Apex so reach out to him if necessary.

Mark Farnham

Liked: 29

I had to have one made by Pyrotect going through Fred Clark for my Citation; due to the same issue of the frame rails getting narrower. It's a wedge without wings. I'd be happy to send you pictures and the Pyrotect part number assigned to it if you're interested. Feel free to send me a PM.

Thread Information