Liked: 196

Default FC, FM, F70, FA - Is it time to go Vintage?

The answer is YES. How many cars fit the following group:
    Pinto engine FCs through 1997
    1st Gen FMs
    Under 2 liter, flat bottom FA, FSV, FB

There have to be hundreds of cars that fit those categories and many with few option to go racing. VDCA (vintagedrive.com) now has a group for all of those cars. VDCA racers will tell you that we (I am on the board of directors) give them the most track time for their racing dollar along with some good food and drink. Come to an event and check us out.

Upcoming VDCA events:
    September 13-15 at Roebling Road (Friday is a test day)
    November 8-10 at Road Atlanta (Friday test day)
    December 13-15 at Roebling

Liked: 864

Quote Originally Posted by s800racer View Post
    September 13-15 at Roebling Road (Friday is a test day)
    If I don't get hired for this event, does anyone have space on their crew list to at least get me in the door? cheers
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1583

290 Pinto VDs built from 90-97.....

Liked: 40

A good step but not far enough.

I race with HSR and SVRA, because they are allow me to bring all of my vintage formula cars.

Liked: 162

Quote Originally Posted by halcyon View Post
    A good step but not far enough.

I race with HSR and SVRA, because they are allow me to bring all of my vintage formula cars.
    Not HSR. As far as I know, the only event they even allow formula cars is the Mitty and that is big bore wings and slicks only. They don't know what a Formula Ford is.

As for the SVRA, I don't understand the reasoning behind supporting a race group that has high cost, less track time (unless you are prepared to race in two classes) and less competition at most of their events than the VDCA or VRG.

YMMV, Joe

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1583

Quote Originally Posted by pooch776 View Post
    Not HSR. As far as I know, the only event they even allow formula cars is the Mitty and that is big bore wings and slicks only. They don't know what a Formula Ford is.

As for the SVRA, I don't understand the reasoning behind supporting a race group that has high cost, less track time (unless you are prepared to race in two classes) and less competition at most of their events than the VDCA or VRG.

YMMV, Joe
    Well, SVRA was going good until they brought in all the "pro" ex-SCCA crap, and now they're doing the rain light, fire bottle certs, etc.

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 40

Quote Originally Posted by pooch776 View Post

YMMV, Joe
    We had great racing at the WGI SVRA event. A large Group 9 field with 4 Indy Lights and a few Atlantics with both races decided by less than a second. Also, good racing in FF. Our NEDIV Club Ford field is small but has several of the fastest drivers in the country without having to worry about a lot of back markers. It's not always about large fields and maximizing track time to have good racing. The majority of the folks I race with have not had good experiences with VRG, so you are right, YMMV.

Thread Information