Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 14

For Sale 1969 Chevron B15b Formula B

For Sale- 1969 Chevron B15b Formula B. Recently completely restored by Eric Langbein Racing. 3 race weekends on everything. Fresh Quicksilver Lotus 1600 twincam. Rebuilt Hewland Mk8/9 by Scotty Young. Frame taken down to bare metal, new roll hoop, minor gussets added in high stress areas of the original frame, powdercoated chassis. Recent (but not new) fuel cell. New wiring/electrics, new brake/clutch and oil plumbing, new wheel bearings/universal joints/drive doughnuts, original Lockheed aluminum "AR" brake calipers rebuilt and new clutch and brake master cylinders, fresh Willans harnesses. This is a fantastic, front running, fresh and well developed FB car with an SVRA Gold Medallion log book indicating its originality and adherance to "in-period" spec and running condition. Chevron B14's, 15's and 17's are known to be very slippery- fast on the straights compared with Brabhams of the same era. I'm only selling because I also own a historic Formula Ford and my work schedule allows me to race the FF much more regularly than the Chevron.

Unfortunately, the car did not have a chassis tag when I purchased it, and I haven't been able to track down its specific history from the SCCA roll hoop stamp and log book number- frankly I haven't spent much time on this, but I would hope and assume that this history could be discovered by someone with the inclination. The roll hoop number does indicate that the car was originally issued an SCCA log book in 1969 in the NEOhio region of the SCCA- beyond this I don't have any info.
    $59,000 OBO- I'm motivated to sell to the right buyer.

Please contact Eric
    202-246-4758
    Thanks!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ericlangbein; 08.21.24 at 8:13 AM. Reason: lower price

2. The following 4 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 14

Reduced price- I'd like this to go to a good home- its a fantastic car.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information