Thread: Kurt Roehrig

Contributing Member
    Liked: 535

Default Kurt Roehrig

His career in open wheel was short and sporadic, but I am sure many in the community crossed paths with him.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obit...ehrig-11906491

I met Kurt during our time with the Skip Barber Race Series.

As much as he got involved with stockcars and the like, he seemed to have a place in his heart for open wheel.

It was his work with shocks that was his main contribution to the sport and where he saw untapped potential.

https://www.jayski.com/2024/07/26/sa...-kurt-roehrig/

https://www.facebook.com/roehrigmotorsports

Thoughts and prayers for his family. RIP.

ChrisZ

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 632

Default Kurt Roehrig

I first met Kurt in the mid 80"s when he brought a GT (or was it a "stock car") to the shop I was sharing in Southfield, Michigan. About that time he was starting to work on a shock dyno and was asking questions to one on the (Ford) guys who hung around there, about strain gauges, load cells,,etc. Stuff I had no knowledge about.
    RIP
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Contributing Member lmpdesigner's Avatar
    Liked: 37

Default Sad...

I knew Kurt from 20-30 years ago. Helped him with a RAlt Cicale 2 liter racer. Engineering and some driving. Good guy. Does any one know what was cause of death?

Contributing Member
    Liked: 163

Kurt was fun to be around. He pitted next to us at Summit Point with his black Buick T/A car. He was as interested in our old Lynx as hes was in the Buick. His early data was a Polaroid Swinger with a remote aimed at the dash , for pics top speed and pressures.
    I believe the car was Turbo V6 . RIP

Liked: 27

Quote Originally Posted by lmpdesigner View Post
    I knew Kurt from 20-30 years ago. Helped him with a RAlt Cicale 2 liter racer. Engineering and some driving. Good guy. Does any one know what was cause of death?
    Follow the link. I believe you'll find your answer there.

https://www.facebook.com/roehrigmotorsports

Liked: 80

I met Kurt in 1980 when we both were doing the Skip Barber FF series. He had terrific energy and enthusiasm, which would occasionally get the better of him in the races. He was still so much fun to be around and race with. Neither of us had much money so we often shared hotel rooms, including one of the cabins at the Seneca Lodge at Watkins Glen. We got the last one they had and we thought it was a great deal since it had no heat or hot water but was $8 a night. In October. Late the first night I see Kurt getting up and taking the curtains off the windows to use as a blanket.

Never forget when he had the Renault LeCar he ran in that series and had training wheels taped to the rear fenders to "help" witih the excessive body roll. I was also helping him at Mid Ohio for one of those races and he comes flying into the pits and starts throwing empty beer cans out the window which had escaped from under the seat. The pit marshals were not amused.

RIP my friend.

Banned
    Liked: 1

R.i.p

Thread Information