Liked: 113

Default Fire Bottle refill

Does anyone know of a local (CT) Fire equipment supplier who would refill a Lifeline Fire bottle?

The bottle is reading in the "Green", but it is older and I thought I would just get it recharged for peace of mind.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris Robson
    Accelerated Performance Coaching
    http://APCDriving.com

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Robson View Post
    Does anyone know of a local (CT) Fire equipment supplier who would refill a Lifeline Fire bottle?

The bottle is reading in the "Green", but it is older and I thought I would just get it recharged for peace of mind.

Thanks in advance,
    From what I understand Chris, is that the cap at the end of the bottle that gets pierced when activated is a one time deal.
    When you get a bottle refilled they replace that cap/flexible pickup assembly and only the manufacturer has them.
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 5

Quote Originally Posted by stonebridge20 View Post
    From what I understand Chris, is that the cap at the end of the bottle that gets pierced when activated is a one time deal.
    When you get a bottle refilled they replace that cap/flexible pickup assembly and only the manufacturer has them.
    I have an old puncture style bottle that I replaced with a current one. Its full, still in the green, what do I do with it? Shoot it out in a field?

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 950

Quote Originally Posted by WHOLLIS711 View Post
    I have an old puncture style bottle that I replaced with a current one. Its full, still in the green, what do I do with it? Shoot it out in a field?
    What kind of bottle

Contributing Member
    Liked: 534

Most manufacturers will not refill a bottle that is over 6 or 8 years old - sending an older bottle to them would be a waste.

if it is a Halon bottle, and in the green, and is in the 10 year range, it is probably still good. There is a better chance that a line is clogged up. You should blow them out each year.

personally, I would not just fire off an old bottle - even though I inadvertently set one off (novec) a few years ago. They should be returned to a facility for the chemicals to be reclaimed or properly disposed of.

ChrisZ

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 163

I have 3 of the them in the shop as Portable extinguisher. Used on on engine fire with no clean up

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 113

Thanks for the info. I will check the bottle. It is a Lifeline system. I have a couple of others which maybe I can switch around. The bottle in question still is in the "green", barely... I disconnected it and removed it from the car. It did not discharge while doing so. I don't know if that means anything or not.
    Chris Robson
    Accelerated Performance Coaching
    http://APCDriving.com

Contributing Member
    Liked: 110

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Robson View Post
    Thanks for the info. I will check the bottle. It is a Lifeline system. I have a couple of others which maybe I can switch around. The bottle in question still is in the "green", barely... I disconnected it and removed it from the car. It did not discharge while doing so. I don't know if that means anything or not.
    Just removing a bottle from the car shouldn't cause it to discharge. Now, if you didn't have the secondary safety pin installed, thats another story....

Liked: 132

Quote Originally Posted by FVRacer21 View Post
    Most manufacturers will not refill a bottle that is over 6 or 8 years old - sending an older bottle to them would be a waste.

ChrisZ

Firebottle in florida refilled my short firebottle brand system. It was at least 25 years old. It does not have an SFI label but that is not required for the Vintage organizations with which I typically run. They were upfront that they could refill but not re-certify which was acceptable to me. Service was prompt .
    Mark Silverberg - SE Michigan
    Lynx B FV & Royale RP3 FF
    240Z Vintage Production Car
    PCR, Kosmic CRG & Birel karts

13. The following 3 users liked this post:

Thread Information