Liked: 10

Default Looking for 1/2 BSP Male to 12AN Male 90-degree Adapter

Does anybody know where I might find a 1/2 inch BSP Male to 12AN Male 90-Degree Adapter? It looks like the ORB Adapter in the picture, but the BSP threadform has a smaller thread OD and the sealing is via Dowty or Statoseal.
    I've looked all the usual US and UK places, and I'd rather not retap my Brabham oil pump port.
    Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Contributing Member
    Liked: 335

Would this work for your application:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383695649614

Liked: 10

Thanks for trying, but no, I need 12AN male. OR I need a different/better idea - working on that.

Quote Originally Posted by tlracer View Post
    Would this work for your application:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383695649614

Liked: 67

Quote Originally Posted by RR98ITR View Post
    Thanks for trying, but no, I need 12AN male. OR I need a different/better idea - working on that.
    The link "tlracer" provided is for a 1/2 BSPP(arallel) Male (swivel, it appears) to 12AN hose end, actually. It might stand slightly further out from the mounting boss of the oil pump than an item like your original post photo, but since it is bent-tube style, it would flow much more oil than the forged one (sharp 90* turn) you pictured. It would use a Dowty seal to the boss on the pump.

Another option would be a 1/2 BSPP to 12AN straight adapter & a 12AN 90* hose end (either forged or bent-tube style). Pegasus has these parts.

Lee

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 3

Would this work? https://www.hydraulicsdirect.com/ada...-boss-orb/6801

part#6801-12-08

If I recall orb and bspp are the same.

Liked: 96

Quote Originally Posted by Frank62 View Post

part#6801-12-08

Not the same!

jfb

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RR98ITR View Post
    It is 12AN, only it is a permanent connection not dismountable.

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Johnson View Post
    Another option would be a 1/2 BSPP to 12AN straight adapter & a 12AN 90* hose end (either forged or bent-tube style). Pegasus has these parts.

Lee
    I wondered if that would be an option, but felt the one-piece fitting I posted would take up less space.

I couldn't find exactly the part the OP was asking about.

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 67

Quote Originally Posted by Frank62 View Post

part#6801-12-08

10AN ORB (O-Ring Boss) and 1/2 BSPP (British Standard Pipe Parallel) are the same thread pitch (14 per inch), but the male thread outside diameters (ODs) are slightly different. 10AN OD is close to 0.875 inch (i.e., 7/8-14) while 1/2 BSPP OD is 0.81 inch (per Pegasus catalog).

Re-tapping an existing female 1/2 BSPP to fit a 10AN would be pretty straight forward because of identical thread pitches. Of course access in-car and control of the small amount of metal chips generated might not be easy! Also, an actual o-ring sealed fitting might not seal properly without chamfering the edge of the hole, so a Dowty or statoseal or soft copper washer might be needed.

Lee

12. The following 2 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 677

Lee, good stuff here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Johnson View Post
    10AN ORB (O-Ring Boss) and 1/2 BSPP (British Standard Pipe Parallel) are the same thread pitch (14 per inch), but the male thread outside diameters (ODs) are slightly different. 10AN OD is close to 0.875 inch (i.e., 7/8-14) while 1/2 BSPP OD is 0.81 inch (per Pegasus catalog).

Re-tapping an existing female 1/2 BSPP to fit a 10AN would be pretty straight forward because of identical thread pitches. Of course access in-car and control of the small amount of metal chips generated might not be easy! Also, an actual o-ring sealed fitting might not seal properly without chamfering the edge of the hole, so a Dowty or statoseal or soft copper washer might be needed.

Lee
    V/r

Iverson

Thread Information