Liked: 0

Default JS F422 Allowed in FC?

Hi All,

With the SCCA looking to condense classes, and more cars starting to be eligible/combine into same groups (like the addition of the MZR into FC with the weight penalty due to sequential transmission), can we expect to ever see the new gen f4 cars allowed with a similar stipulation? The ligier F3 can run in FA just fine, and F4's are already allowed in the F2000 Category at FRP...

I like the idea of more modern safety, including the HALO on those cars...

Administrator
    Liked: 33

Default Js f422

No, sadly the JS F422 is currently only allowed in FS (After Homologation)

I tried very hard to suggest to the powers that be to allow it in FX so we could at least do Majors/HST races but met complete resistance the whole way.

Left me wondering about the SCCA leadership and their agenda.

It's a great car BTW, and the HALO is a welcome safety improvement. Already tested by us!

KR

Liked: 65

The July Fastrack had the below note in it which made me assume it was already allowed in FX. No dog in the fight, just happened to read it yesterday.

Formula/Sports Racing
    FX
    1. #36221 (Club Racing Board) Adjust minimum weights to align with pro F4 rules In FX Table 1, FIA Certified F4 1st Gen Ligier JS F4 spec line, change the weight as follows: "1420 1405"

In FX Table 1, FIA Certified F4 2nd Gen Ligier JS F422 spec line, change the weight as follows: "1344 1375"

Liked: 143

I had similar discussions about the tatuus USF2000 (the current pro car) and was given the alphabet soup of committees and 10 letters or support and discussion and meetings word salad answer, and that's about when I tuned out.....

it seems totally insane that there's a "catch all" class that doesn't catch very much and has an annoyingly difficult and minimally effective procedure to allow it to potentially catch more
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1014

Default See Table 1 page 272 GCR FX

FIA Certified F4 2nd Gen Ligier JS F422 1.65 Liter Ligier Storm V4 (See notes) See notes See notes Sadev
    SLR75-14LW 6-speed sequential
    1375 Car must comply with FIA Article 274 2024 Formula 4 2nd Gen Tech- nical Regulations and 2024 F4 United States Championship Sporting Regulations found here: https://www.scca.com/pages/technical-forms-
    and-downloads, as well as with all subsequent safety requirements issued
    by FIA and SCCA. The CRB may require a Flat Plate Intake Restrictor or
    reclassify the car at any time. Tire choice is unrestricted.

Liked: 237

I was on the same flight from Charlotte to Milwaukee (for the Sprints) as Jeff Barrow. We spoke for about 15 minutes before the flight. He seemed focused on finding a good place in club racing for the outgoing F4 cars. He thinks they could be a somewhat budget-friendly entry point for those wanting to race a formula car in club racing, and an option for those of us in classes about to be relegated.

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Administrator
    Liked: 33

Quote Originally Posted by HazelNut View Post
    I had similar discussions about the tatuus USF2000 (the current pro car) and was given the alphabet soup of committees and 10 letters or support and discussion and meetings word salad answer, and that's about when I tuned out.....

it seems totally insane that there's a "catch all" class that doesn't catch very much and has an annoyingly difficult and minimally effective procedure to allow it to potentially catch more
    Yeah, they tuned me out too.

Looks like they have put the JS F422 in FX after all.

Would have been nice not to meet such resistance when I was actively trying to get approval!

KR

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information