Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 30

Default 2015 Crawford FL15

Engine freshened by AMS in late 2023
    Honda K24 engine
    6-speed sequential (Hewland FTR)
    All new brake components
    New wheel bearings

Low cost way to participate in SCCA/SVRA Formula Atlantic.

Runs 2:08-2:09 at COTA

$65,000

John
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 0

Can you post more pictures. What transmission does it have?

Liked: 813

If I’m not mistaken, this is what was called Formula Lites (a Crawford car) before the F4 Gen1 came out? Is there a spec line in Scca FA for this car?
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

Liked: 12

Yep that is correct. There is a spec line in the GCR for this to run FA. It basically locks it in as it was.

Someone should snap this up! Car is super robust and requires little work across a weekend (or multiple weekends).

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
    If I’m not mistaken, this is what was called Formula Lites (a Crawford car) before the F4 Gen1 came out? Is there a spec line in Scca FA for this car?

How does the Crawford compare in competitiveness to the Swift 014 also for sale?

Hi Joules,

Best I can tell is that it's about 2-3 seconds slower over 2.75 miles (At INDE Motorsports). But there hasn't been much development on the car. I'll have a better sense this weekend because I'll run it at High Plains.

This car is not really in the category of an .014 but it's a great car to own because the cost of maintenance is MUCH less. Gearbox, engine, age, wiring, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Joules5 View Post
    How does the Crawford compare in competitiveness to the Swift 014 also for sale?

Liked: 0

I'd like to see this at HPR. What lap times are you anticipating
    ?

Well, I don't have a lot of laps at High Plains but I did win a race in a DB1 FF and then a race in the .008 (by default).
    Let's have some fun with this. I know what the lap record is and there aren't many cars that will do that.

I think the car can do a 1:43 ish. But, if you give me a big enough carrot I'll send it with the best of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrlskr View Post
    I'd like to see this at HPR. What lap times are you anticipating
    ?

Liked: 324

What is needed for lap times at High Plains appears to be a DeLorean with a trailer hitch so you can tow the car back to 2011 and run on the track at that point. Have a look at some of the times laid down in that year !!

http://www.scca-cdr.org/library/docu...k/hpr_full.pdf

Agreed. Although there are a few FA cars that are close to sub 1:40 now.
    Specifically, Shane Kennett in his F1000. But, the track was obviously better 13 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by CG665791
    What is needed for lap times at High Plains appears to be a DeLorean with a trailer hitch so you can tow the car back to 2011 and run on the track at that point. Have a look at some of the times laid down in that year !!

Liked: 12

The FA lap record is attainable even today. Last October on a generic test day running some scrubs, I was playing with a new setup in my F1000 to dial it in for COTA -- I did 10 laps in a row in one session at 1:40.xx with the best at 1:40.0. I was testing out different ARB blades, springs, aero, etc. So I wasn't pushing to optimal lap time, but was playing with different things in different corners.

Nonetheless, I think you could get the FL-15 into the lower 1:4x with some setup tuning. John will be here in the carports with us, so come check it out. It truly is a "throw fuel in and go" car. Shocking how little maintenance it needs.

Quote Originally Posted by CGOffroad View Post

Thanks Shane!

Yeah, looking forward to it! Really curious to see what it will do for lap times. Any interested parties, feel free to stop by.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanek20002 View Post
    The FA lap record is attainable even today. Last October on a generic test day running some scrubs, I was playing with a new setup in my F1000 to dial it in for COTA -- I did 10 laps in a row in one session at 1:40.xx with the best at 1:40.0. I was testing out different ARB blades, springs, aero, etc. So I wasn't pushing to optimal lap time, but was playing with different things in different corners.

Nonetheless, I think you could get the FL-15 into the lower 1:4x with some setup tuning. John will be here in the carports with us, so come check it out. It truly is a "throw fuel in and go" car. Shocking how little maintenance it needs.

Thread Information