Thread: Chris Pruett

Liked: 10

Default Chris Pruett

Perhaps some of you already know this, but Chris died unexpectedly and suddenly on Wednesday. He went out for his afternoon run and collapsed. He has been very active in the SCCA and the Saginaw Valley Region for many, many years, and especially in C Mod. He has been a good friend of mine for more than 20 years. We are all still in shock.

Liked: 742

Chris was also active here on Apexspeed under screen name -pru- and was a fellow moderator. I'm very sorry for your loss.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 1132

That's a loss...
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 652

Whoa. This is sad in deed.
    V/r

Iverson

Liked: 1124

Oh My, that’s terrible!

Some say it’s “part of life,” but by definition it’s the exact opposite.

I’m genuinely sorry to read this, for tombu-mi, and for all who knew Chris.

RIP.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Liked: 17

Default -pru-

I came to post the news, as I do not visit ApexSpeed as often as in the day, but see it has been done.

Chris Pruett husband, father, son, brother, friend, and competitor passed away unexpectly Wednesday afternoon in Midland, MI.

Chris was active within the ApexSpeed community since its inception and was a guiding light within the CMod (Formula Ford) SCCA Solo community. A proud member of SVR SCCA Chris passion and advocacy for small bore formula cars was unmatched. While exhibiting sportsmanship and a sense of humor that all who competed against him will remember.

He and I were friends, competitors and teammates for 30 years. Godspeed -pru-

https://www.wswfh.com/obituaries/Chr...RZ4E-wVA9_REHQ
    Peter Calhoun
    Motorsport Manager- Michelin North America, Inc.
    Swift DB1-86 FF1600 (bye-bye 3.12)
    2009-10 SCCA CM National Champions

8. The following 6 users liked this post:

Liked: 106

We are all fortunate to have crossed Chris through our motorsport journey and make a friend who was selfless and only wanted the best for the class and sport. From my introduction to C modified over a decade ago to this day I've looked at Chris as the glue of C modified and the #1 advocate for the best class in solo. I always appreciated his huge passion for everything formula ford and I so wish I had one more conversation with him. It's now up to the rest of us to take his example and remember that we have to think big picture, fight for our class and growth, but mostly have fun doing it. We will miss you Pru
    Brandon L. #96 FF
    -PM me for RF85/86 bellhousing

10. The following 7 users liked this post:

Liked: 2

Just saw this news this morning. Only met him a couple of times at nationals, very friendly and helpful. a real loss to the community.

Liked: 297

Quote Originally Posted by bassracer View Post
    We are all fortunate to have crossed Chris through our motorsport journey and make a friend who was selfless and only wanted the best for the class and sport. From my introduction to C modified over a decade ago to this day I've looked at Chris as the glue of C modified and the #1 advocate for the best class in solo. I always appreciated his huge passion for everything formula ford and I so wish I had one more conversation with him. It's now up to the rest of us to take his example and remember that we have to think big picture, fight for our class and growth, but mostly have fun doing it. We will miss you Pru
    I agree with all the above. A tremendously knowledgable especially regarding FF, man who always was quick to assist and encourage.
    Rest in peace Chris.

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 3

Chris was a central part of our local SCCA chapter. Chris, ever the evangelist for Formula Ford, put me in his car at a test and tune. He was correct, I was hooked. Chris then began sending me ApexSpeed posts about Formula Ford cars for sale along with encouraging comments. He eventually connected me to the car I have now and was very helpful in getting me up to speed. I am going to really miss his good advice and friendship.

This Saturday afternoon we put #50 on the three CM cars at Oscoda event and did a parade lap in his memory, followed by a toast to Chris.

My prayers are with Lorie, Grace, and the rest of his family.

There is now an uncomfortably large empty spot in our grid.

Ralph Prewett

15. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information