Liked: 27

Default Formula Atlantic Revival - Taupo Historic GP 2025

Liked: 26

Taupo is a good mix of fast and slow corners, it can feel like an overly busy track in a tin top or high powered single seater but the Atlantics combination of high aero and low power suits the track perfectly.

Below are my peaks and lows of all the various corners in my Swift DB4 for anyone considering taking part (low is mid corner, peak is after the corner) - These speeds yield a lap time around a 1:24 which I suspect will be around the middle of where everyone ends up in January (track conditions permitting as lap time varies a lot with temperature).

My 2c worth, you spend the first few corners barely holding on around some tight bends, trying not to spin as you go around an almost off camber turn 4. I then spend the run into "A1GP" (turn 9) telling myself to take it flat but it's more a drivers flat than an engineers flat . The final part of the lap is probably the trickiest as you can ruin a great lap by going too deep by braking on the apex at 12 and not being able to pull it up enough to get around 13.

Min (MPH) Max (MPH)
    Turn 1 43 86
    Turn 2 84 96
    Turn 3-4 90 92
    Turn 5-6 50 102
    Turn 7-8 50 110
    Turn 9-10 102 125
    Turn 11 54 138
    Turn12/13/14 53 114
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jamez; 08.14.24 at 9:20 PM.

Default Formula Atlantic Grand Prix - Taupo 2025.

Thread Information