Liked: 18

Default Compomotive Center Lock Turbo Wheels

The wheels have be picked up and will be used in a sports racer restoration. Thank you ApexSpeed.

NO SHIPPING.
    T he wheels must be picked up. They are located in Keizer, Oregon.

Front width: 6”
    Front backspace: 2 ½”
    Rear width: 8”
    Rear backspace: 3”
    Center hole dia: 2 ½”*
    Pin circle: 3 ¾” *
    Pin diameter: 3/8” *

* Measured with a short machinist ruler not a micrometer. The measurements are as accurate as I can get with the ruler but may not be exact.

Front wheels were fitted with 20.0 X 7.0-13” tires. Rear wheels were fitted with 22.0 X 9.0-13” tires.

One front wheel has a dent in the outer ring and will need to be replaced. The inner ring has a small distortion and should be serviceable. The second front wheel has small dent in the inner ring and may/may not be serviceable. The inner and outer rings on the rear wheels have no dents. Replacement rings are available on eBay for less than $100.00.

I know nothing of the history of these wheels. The Lotus EFDA that is on one side of the face of the center section. EFDA is an acronym for European Formula Drivers Association.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CTR28; 06.21.24 at 12:26 PM.
    Cheap Thrills Racing

"All right you sons-a-bitches, let's have a race." - Smokey Yunick

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 950

If only I was close. Michael,you are very generous to offer these for free!!!

Liked: 1

Default wish i was closer

Agree, very generous! I wish I was closer as the 2.5 inch center hole is not very common and what my car uses.
    I no its a long shot, do you know anyone coming to Road America for the June sprints or Runoffs this year that could bring them along?
    Cheers
    Rob

Default Compomotive Turbo Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Demeter View Post
    If only I was close. Michael, you are very generous to offer these for free!!!
    Thank you, on the off chance you know someone coming through Oregon I'd be happy to connect and hand them off..
    Cheap Thrills Racing

Thank you. That's not likely but as I mentioned to Steve if in the future you happen to know some one passing through Oregon I'd be happy to connect and hand them off.

Quote Originally Posted by rwoelfle View Post
    Agree, very generous! I wish I was closer as the 2.5 inch center hole is not very common and what my car uses.
    I no its a long shot, do you know anyone coming to Road America for the June sprints or Runoffs this year that could bring them along?
    Cheers
    Rob
    Cheap Thrills Racing

Liked: 1

Thanks Michael, will see if I can find someone in the area heading towards Wisconsin.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 331

The wheels are likely to have come from Formula Vauxhall (Opel) Lotus. This was a one-make race series in the late 80's to early 90's to promote GM's European divisions (Vauxhall in the UK and Opel in mainland Europe) along with Lotus, whom GM owned at the time.

The cars were powered by the 2-litre C20XE engine installed in an aluminium monocoque chassis built originally by Reynard in the UK or, later, by Schubel in Germany.

Thread Information