Liked: 449

Default Corona Cup Event #7 - 5/12/2020 USF2000 2017 @ Road America

Next week's ApexSpeed.com Corona Cup Event will be held at Road America! Come on out and race with us!

Some things to remember:

Remember to please use your real first and last name before joining the server. By default, rFactor2 will use your Steam account name, but you can edit your name next to your "Nickname" within rFactor2 in the upper right corner of the landing page where you select your option for single or multi-player.

It is suggested that everyone log into the Discord channel for chat. Discord is a Skype type of application used by gamers. You'll need to install and enter the ApexSpeed.com Sim Racing room linked below. https://discordapp.com/

Please bind a key for "Push to talk" in Discord so that others don't have to hear unnecessary noise you broadcast to the room. We don't need to hear that you screwed up, your shifters clicking, your simulated wind noise, or that your dog wants to go outside. Instructions for doing this are here: https://appuals.com/enable-configure-push-talk-discord/

Now that the group is getting bigger, please refrain from unnecessary voice chat during qualifying and the race. Some of us can't pat their head and rub their belly at the same time, so please be considerate to that and only use voice chat during qualifying or racing for race related discussion like alerting people you're pulling out of the pit lane, a request to restart a race (like we had last night), or a huge pileup in T1, etc...

Server Name: ApexSpeed
    Passw: rfactor2

Discord Room: https://discord.gg/PnYjbmh - Please bind a key for "Push to talk".

Please subscribe to the car and track in your Steam account before loading rFactor2 and you'll automatically get the car and track installed when you join the server.

USF2000 2017
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1782916300

Road America 2016 v1.4
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=822332297

Results and Record Dashboard - http://apexspeed.servegame.com:58000/default
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 200

For anyone that's following these threads but hasn't pulled the trigger yet....do it!! With the lack of racing out there, this is an excellent way to fill the void. I can personally say that I'll keep doing it even once racing resumes. You can get a full (modest) setup for less than the cost of one race weekend.

If there's anyone that's racing in the sim world but hasn't joined up with this group, do it! It's great fun, and would be really nice to have 5-10 more cars out there. Wide range of abilities so there's someone out there for everyone to race.
    Shane Viccary
    #27 Citation-Zink Z-16

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 872

Quote Originally Posted by AVR_Shane View Post
    For anyone that's following these threads but hasn't pulled the trigger yet....do it!!
    I'm trying! After the Ebay seller didn't ship my power supply and I got a refund, I've ordered another that should be here tomorrow. My son will assemble and hopefully I can start learning this!
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

5. The following 2 users liked this post:

My apologies to everyone! Such a newb, I was actually hoping no one would be there for my first time!
    At least I went faster than my FF there.....
    Garey Guzman
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Quote Originally Posted by Garey Guzman View Post
    My apologies to everyone! Such a newb, I was actually hoping no one would be there for my first time!
    At least I went faster than my FF there.....

No worries, Garey! Glad to see you made it on. I noticed you were on Discord too, but just not in the ApexSpeed Sim Racing voice chat room. Next time I'll talk you through changing your display name for the results dashboard and status screen.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Carter View Post
    No worries, Garey! Glad to see you made it on. I noticed you were on Discord too, but just not in the ApexSpeed Sim Racing voice chat room. Next time I'll talk you through changing your display name for the results dashboard and status screen.
    I only have one screen and RF went full screen so I couldn't toggle or look at Discord. I tried to follow directions but I will re-read and try again later.
    Garey Guzman

Liked: 36

Does this version of Road America seem excessively rough to anyone else? The 'jump' between 1 and 2, horribly bumpy through Canada and several other places. I know RA isn't the smoothest track in the world but, at least in our endurance E30, it never seemed this bumpy to me.
    Van Diemen RF78 #258

Liked: 138

Maybe that's why there is a new version on the way? lilski just made a new version lidar scanned for asetto corsa and it is being converted for rfactor currently. Should be done in a few weeks I hear.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

I can tell this is going to be horrible, results wise, until I can figure out how to more rigidly mount my wheel. By lap 2, it's loose and I have to concentrate on mot moving it. I haven't been able to do more than 3 laps yet.
    Garey Guzman

Liked: 447

I can tell this is going to be horrible, results wise, until I can figure out how to more rigidly mount my wheel. By lap 2, it's loose and I have to concentrate on mot moving it. I haven't been able to do more than 3 laps yet.
    3 laps before crashing is about the avg for everyone in the races so far lol!

wow is that every bumpy! My entire room was shaking lol

Liked: 200

Quote Originally Posted by BTennessen View Post
    Does this version of Road America seem excessively rough to anyone else? The 'jump' between 1 and 2, horribly bumpy through Canada and several other places. I know RA isn't the smoothest track in the world but, at least in our endurance E30, it never seemed this bumpy to me.
    and the bump right before the braking point going into the final corner....it's impossible to get a good run on the one corner that you need to get a good run through
    Shane Viccary
    #27 Citation-Zink Z-16

Going to have to skip this week, I tried turning down everything and the frame rate is undriveable. I think it's the fence along the side. If there was some way to turn it off.... I set the track detail to low but no luck.

Liked: 903

James, your time looks just fine to me. Maybe this is what it takes for you to slow down a bit and be more like the rest of us... . M A Y B E .. you have some sort of 'time warp' frame rate that you usually use that puts you 'just ahead' of the rest of us ... and now you're just stuck with what the rest of us have ?? I don't notice missing frames.. but maybe that's because my brain just isn't fast enough to realize I'm missing them.. YEAH.. that must be it!!
    Steve
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Lol. I couldn't bear doing more than 2 laps. It was so bad.

I'm using VR and the game isn't very well optimized for it. This older map clearly isn't. It's nauseating actually it looks so bad. If it was just visual wouldn't be too bad but it's brutal, even 2 laps was starting to feel bad and I usually am not affected.

I would run on a monitor but my setup isn't set for it, monitor is on a desk and then my wheel is setup elsewhere with the VR headset.

I may try again tomorrow, maybe a reboot will fix it.

I could close my eyes I suppose. Not sure if that will help though haha

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Liked: 59

Default Discord won’t work

Got on the server no problem, turned a few laps at RA, but Discord won’t download a non-corrupt file. Downloads the whole file, but the app won’t execute, tried three times, last attempt with chrome.

Not that I need to talk during a race anyhow ????

Discord is good. Helps to keep track of what's going on during the evening. Hard to tell sometimes without some input.

are you saying that the Discord
    installation file for windows won't install?
    Steve
    Steve, FV80

Yes, that’s right Steve, it won’t install, log file shows a few errors, the web app won’t let me map a ptt button.

Default Tatuus setup for RA?

Anyone want to share their setup for RA, or do you just use the default?

I'm using the default setup except that I added Max wing frt/rear. Also customized the wheel rotation, but think I ended up back at default.. anyway, it's 400 degrees. Tried several things, but haven't found anything that seems to make any improvement except for the wing settings. I don't seem to be able to get braking above 85%... not sure if it's just my setup or what. I THINK I need higher, but can't try since it won't change. Maybe I screwed up something in the jason file?
    Steve
    Steve, FV80

Thanks Steve. Gonna try reloading discord tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    ... I don't seem to be able to get braking above 85%... not sure if it's just my setup or what. I THINK I need higher, but can't try since it won't change...
    Is that your pedal setting when your checking or is that in-game? I have an older wheel, non-loadcell pedals and when I checked calibration in the settings, they both maxed out.

Is there any data that can be checked after lapping?
    Garey Guzman

Is that your pedal setting when your checking or is that in-game? I have an older wheel, non-loadcell pedals and when I checked calibration in the settings, they both maxed out.

Is there any data that can be checked after lapping?
    In your setup for each track there is an option for brake pressure. Even with a load cell pedal, I'm typically set around 88% to prevent the front tires from easily locking up.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Quote Originally Posted by Jphoenix View Post
    Anyone want to share their setup for RA, or do you just use the default?

Welcome to the group! Typically if you join the server during the week it's easy to send setups when you're in the game with someone else.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Got discord working, yay.

Thread Information