Liked: 0

Default Anti-roll bars Reynard FF86 WTB or where to buy from

I purchased a Reynard FF86 from a widow of the 2nd owner car, I am attempting to get this car back on the track since 1999, it does not have either the front or rear anti-roll bar or any of the links or mounts.

I was given all the books, spares, log books, manuals and whatever she could find, in one of the binders I found an old parts catalog from International Racing Parts in Virginia and there is note in the catalog from Larry Oliver that reads "Congratulations! 86 MkII cars are rare, most components are same/similar to '85 drawings shown here, Please call if I can be of service. Larry"

So I found the part numbers in the catalog, but I do not know who to call or who may have anti-roll bars available for this car.

This is a front mount radiator car and I have only seen a picture of one other example that Ringo Hines raced back in '86

Any help locating these parts would much appreciated.

Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 872

Currently, the first person I would suggest to call is Keith Averill of Averill Racing Stuf in Madison Height, MI
    248-585-9139

I don't have a Reynard but Keith seems to know them really well, as well as most other cars!
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 332

There are a couple of guys in the FC section of Apexspeed with 86 Reynard, so maybe they can help with pictures and measurements?

Somewhere I have pictures of my old 85 so will find those out to see if there is anything useful.

The rocker rear end was based heavily on the previous generation, ie. 82-84, design so there may be some common parts.

Updates:

a) Checked my pictures but nothing really useful
    b) Picture link for 84FF rear - https://www.flickr.com/photos/-danop...y/25303717942/ As you can see the 86F is basically the same (* see below)

* The issue with the original 85F rear suspension (pushrod) was that the ratio of the bellcrank wasn't right. The factory introduced a new one with a revised ratio, but that didn't solve the issue fully. Hence they offered a retrofit of the 84FF rocker rear end. When the 86F was introduced this continued with the pushrod front, rocker rear, which is what you have on yours.

As another piece of 'interesting history', the front radiator setup was intended to get more weight onto the front end. It was trialled initially by Keith Wiggins' Pacific Racing using bits borrowed from a Lola T642...actually the chassis that I had sitting about at the time!
    Last edited by tlracer; 03.19.20 at 6:33 AM. Reason: Updated info. & speeling mostakes

Liked: 22

Default Reynard

Send me your email....I have lot's of pics of my old 85FF. Same basic front end

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4368

That rear suspension is the same as the 83-84 rear of which hundreds were sold, and many people have jigs, etc. I see all the mounting holes are on your car, so if you find the parts, they will bolt on. I may have some. but I doubt it, and am not able to check right now. Should you come up empty, I can certainly loan parts to measure up and copy. Everything looks the same except for the front sandwich plate.
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    Retirement Sale NOW, Everything must go!

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4368

Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    Retirement Sale NOW, Everything must go!

8. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information