Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked: 312

Quote Originally Posted by EACIII View Post
    I am totally confused now. What does owning a pet dog have to do with being a Vegan?? He is not eating the dogs.

Maybe I don't understand what being a Vegan is??????

Ed
    Hamilton claims to have become a vegan to save the earth because of global warming caused by livestock farts. But, he flies his dogs around in a private jet. Just the dogs. A flight from Malibu CA, where he lives, to London is estimated to generate 1.4 metric tons on CO2.

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Hamilton claims to have become a vegan to save the earth because of global warming caused by livestock farts. But, he flies his dogs around in a private jet. Just the dogs. A flight from Malibu CA, where he lives, to London is estimated to generate 1.4 metric tons on CO2.
    We are talking about Global warming, carbon footprint, and CO2 on a site where folks share the hobby of turning old dinosaurs into noise.

I sense this thread taking a political tone in 1. . . 2 . . 3. . .

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 85

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    No, Hamilton wanted to win the race while playing by the same rules as everybody he was racing against. Not much more complicated than that.
    Hamilton probably wasn't going to win the race; how many times have we heard that little boy whimper from him 'I didn't want to win like that'!
    When fighting against Vettel at Red Bull a few years ago 'I wouldn't want to win that easily'! Make up your mind Lewis!
    A class act wouldn't have whined in the first place or would have backed off three seconds to give Vettel the win (Leclerc wouldn't have been able to overtake him).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Robinson View Post
    Hamilton probably wasn't going to win the race; how many times have we heard that little boy whimper from him 'I didn't want to win like that'!
    When fighting against Vettel at Red Bull a few years ago 'I wouldn't want to win that easily'! Make up your mind Lewis!

The two aren't mutually exclusive. He can prefer to win in a head to head battle, all while finding it boring/un-rewarding to have such dominate equipment that you hardly had to work for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Robinson
    A class act wouldn't have whined in the first place or would have backed off three seconds to give Vettel the win (Leclerc wouldn't have been able to overtake him).
    A class act wouldn't have squeezed Hamilton off towards the wall after gathering the car back up.
    A class act wouldn't act like Vettel with the "1" and "2" signs.
    A class act wouldn't act like Vettel did at the 2017 Azerbaijan Gran Prix
    A class act wouldn't have 19 points assigned against his Super License.

6. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 482

The two aren't mutually exclusive. He can prefer to win in a head to head battle, all while finding it boring/un-rewarding to have such dominate equipment that you hardly had to work for it.

A class act wouldn't have squeezed Hamilton off towards the wall after gathering the car back up.
    You might want to look at the telemetry here:

https://f1bythenumbers.com/2019-cana...ectly-awarded/

And you'll see that he was working to gather up that car pretty much all the way across the track...

And even Toto Wolff understood about the signs.

At Azerbaijan, he got brake-checked by Hamilton and in a moment of temper, lost control of his car. Don't make more of it than it was.

Liked: 312

We are talking about Global warming, carbon footprint, and CO2 on a site where folks share the hobby of turning old dinosaurs into noise.

I sense this thread taking a political tone in 1. . . 2 . . 3. . .
    Naw, just pointing out that Hamilton is a hypocrite.

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 85

Ah, now I understand, Sebastian didn't send you a Xmas card last year and you're still mad at him !!
    Hamilton is maybe the best GP driver of all time; 'whimpering' to win the Canadian GP was not worthy of a great driver!

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1592

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker View Post
    At Azerbaijan, he got brake-checked by Hamilton and in a moment of temper, lost control of his car. Don't make more of it than it was.
    Really dude? Lost control of his car? he pulled alongside and deliberately hit Hamilton.

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker View Post
    You might want to look at the telemetry here:

https://f1bythenumbers.com/2019-cana...ectly-awarded/

And you'll see that he was working to gather up that car pretty much all the way across the track...
    I didn't see any steering input traces in that link. And "pretty much all the way across" and "all the way across" are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker
    And even Toto Wolff understood about the signs.
    You can understand why someone acted petulant, doesn't make it the right thing to do, or classy.

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker
    You are confusing Vettel's allegation with what really happened. The FIA analyzed Hamilton's data and found that he did NOT brake check Vettel. https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...23425/3033539/

Vettel again, showed what a class act he is and in your words "moment of temper" crashed into the left side of Hamilton's car. Don't keep trying to excuse your man-child. He's a hot-tempered ******* who happens to be adept at driving a race car.

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Naw, just pointing out that Hamilton is a hypocrite.
    Nah, he's reducing the impact of jetting his pups around, by eliminating meat. He could choose to do both.

You could drive a Prius as a daily driver, and burn gallons of race fuel on the weekend. You could go through 12 sets of tires a year in your weekend hobby, and one set every 5 years on your Prius. Doesn't make you a hypocrite. It just means that the daily act of driving your Prius is better than driving a F450 Diesel.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Robinson View Post
    Ah, now I understand, Sebastian didn't send you a Xmas card last year and you're still mad at him !!
    Hamilton is maybe the best GP driver of all time; 'whimpering' to win the Canadian GP was not worthy of a great driver!

Damn. Hamilton didn't send me one either. Now I'm so conflicted. Maybe, I'll just have to judge each one by how they conduct themselves at the races.

Liked: 482

Nah, he's reducing the impact of jetting his pups around, by eliminating meat. He could choose to do both.

You could drive a Prius as a daily driver, and burn gallons of race fuel on the weekend. You could go through 12 sets of tires a year in your weekend hobby, and one set every 5 years on your Prius. Doesn't make you a hypocrite. It just means that the daily act of driving your Prius is better than driving a F450 Diesel.
    Man has to eat. Man doesn’t have to jet pets.

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1354

Now that's funny!

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 653

I'd suggest that Hamilton had already been driving with his head down and to his full capacity prior to the incident. Yet, there he was still behind Vettel.

Vettel has incurred 19 penalty points on his Super License since they've implemented them, Hamilton 4.
    I would say Hamilton wasn't driving to full capacity at that point with the number of laps remaining but neither of us can be 100% sure of that. It seems there is more management of tires & fuel in F1 then driving to full capacity then ever before so I doubt your suggestion is accurate. Also better to finish 2nd behind Vettal & keep his huge points lead then driving at full capacity & risking not finishing at this stage of the season.

I would also say that the driver in the dominant car for the last number of years has had to take much less risk then his competitors & thus reducing his chance of getting points added to his license.
    Last edited by Steve Bamford; 06.13.19 at 9:41 PM.
    Steve Bamford

20. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 323

Default Just wonderin'

Are Hammie's dogs vegan too?
    Lola: When four springs just aren't enough.

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 263

I hardly ever indulge in opinionated threads, but I’ll weigh in here. First, who gives a crap about vegans, carbon footprints and who does what with his dogs. Secondly, both are great drivers, but hardly class acts. More like self indulged, whining, adolescents. Although each has a teammate that outclasses them at every turn. Thirdly, penalty warranted. Pointless to argue it. He re-entered unsafely. Degree of control is moot. Where Hamilton chose to put his car is also moot. Fourthly, F1 is consistently piss pour in how they handle matters like this. Make Vettle give up the position on the spot and let them race.

23. The following 4 users liked this post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information