Liked: 316

Default Something better than Gas Buddy

I have been using Gas Buddy for some time, but not very happy with it.

I want to find DIESEL, which should be easy, but isn't. Yes, you can select Diesel as fuel type, but it keeps defaulting back to Unleaded with every button push and a fuel map for Diesel seems to be beyond it.

I've done the web search thing but it seems Gas Buddy is the 800 pound gorilla and the alternatives are wish-ware.

Anyone recommend an app that really works for diesel? I have to believe the truckers have something that works.

Liked: 346

The timing of this post is ironic. I was looking for fuel on the way back from track yesterday and GasBuddy was not loading anything up. I thought the wife was doing something wrong with the app, but it just simply wouldn't load anything. I was on the App Store downloading the newest version of Gas Buddy at the time this post came up.... now I think I understand why Gas Buddy was not working. Need the new version in the phone which now has POP UPS !!

I am following this thread and interested to hear if anyone has better options.

Late Braking Member
    Liked: 224

Default use your browser...

I use my web browser to access Gas Buddy (www.gasbuddy.com). It's cumbersome but it works:
    Go the website and don't allow it to use your location.
    Enter a zip code or city name and wait for "regular" prices
    Select a different grade, I'm usually searching for premium
    There's your locations and prices.

Steve

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1592

There's some gas-finding functionality in Waze, as well as telling you where the gendarmes are before your radar detector goes off - sort of a crowd sourced replacement for CB radio without all the redneck BS.

Liked: 307

Default Fuelbook

We use Fuelbook for our Diesel Coach. We want to find the best Diesel truck stops only.
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Liked: 11

I use Gas Buddy a lot, I use the app on an iPhone. It always loads my last selection, which is diesel. Maybe try updating the app?

Liked: 316

Fuelbook seems pretty good. Thanks Dave. I like that it's truck stops having had GB direct me to gas stations without room for my rig and the fuel along a route is great option.

Thread Information