Liked: 0

Default No USGP on TV in SF Bay Area

I hope somebody will tell me I'm wrong about this. I can not find the US GP on any of the TV guides for the San Fran Bay Area. Of course I pay the extra cash to Comcast to make sure I get SpeedTV but they say their parent Fox will show it. I have checked all the guides i can find and no sign of the USGP.

It looks like I'm not going to get my fathers day treat....3 hours alone in front of the TV, watching one of the few GPs shown while the sun is up.

Please tell me I'm wrong
    Ian

Liked: 309

www.tvracer.com shows it starting at 10am our time on Fox.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 449

Yep, should be on Fox. Montreal and Indy are on Fox and then back to Speed for the rest. Were you able to see the Montreal race on Fox?
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

I believe French and British GP are on FOX as well but not live.

OK, I found it on the tvplanner site. It looks like its at 2pm pacific time on Fox. I hope its right because it wasnt on my comcast DVR tv guide last night.

Maybe I will get to enjoy fathers day after all!!

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default Oh Joy!

They will probably neglect to show the post race interview like they did in Canada!

Contributing Member Thomas Copeland's Avatar
    Liked: 165

Basically what you are probably going to see is another abbrievated Speed TV telecast. No pre-grid or post-race interviews.

Glad they are not going to pre-empt here in the bay area. Back in my high school days the local TV station in Beaumont, Texas used to preempt all the F1 races with back-to-back reruns of Emergency! Yeoh-owch.

edited for PC reasons...
    Last edited by Thomas Copeland; 06.13.07 at 6:05 PM.
    Firman F1000

Liked: 2

Yeah, I think your problem is with the idiot Comcast DVR guide, not the broadcast itself. The Motorola DVR that Comcast supplies is spectacularly stupid when it comes to finding races on TV. Unlike TiVo (which is far superior) it thinks all auto races are the same. The title is always "Auto Racing" whether it's NASCAR, rally, NASCAR, F1, or NASCAR. Good luck setting a season pass; you have to record every F1 race manually, which kinda defeats the purpose of the DVR, IMHO.

End of rant. For now.

Liked: 19

Fox had it on in HD.... looked like 480 though - didn't seem like 1080

Coverage was not bad I thought....... Poor D Daly - He has been out of touch with F1. His remark about the block was spot on - but everyone figured it was just a whacky irishmans comment...... He didn't realize that has been the norm in F1 since 1993!!!

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1592

At first I thought it was a block until I saw the replay, but he just took Alonzo to the inside, taking both their lines away while trying to break the draft - it was just such a long continuous move that it looked like a block. I honestly figured he was so far inside that alonzo would have an easy outside pass into one, or hamiltion would be so slow out of one that he'd be passed in two.

The game of chicken in the braking zone was magnificent!

I was suprised by the schedule though - I tuned in at 10:05 and the first lap was half done - no pre-race at all.

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 263

hey matt. be glad you saw it at all. no telecast at all down here in the third world country of west texas. and i was bitching because i had to watch montreal on the spanish channel. guess i should have gone to the Glen and put in another lack-luster performance. however speed is graciously showing it on wednesday. i was going to e-mail wind tunnel and bitch, but the conspiracy continues and my cable went out for 2 hours. see you in a couple at cleveland...ric

Contributing Member Richard Dziak's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Rick:

Both the Formula 1 Canadian GP and the USGP was televised on KFOX channel 14 El Paso @ 11:00 AM both weekends. Sounds like lots of people missed it since it was broadcast via local FOX stations.

Sorry you missed it.
    Richard Dziak
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Former Phoenix F1K-07 F1000 #77 owner/driver
    email: sonewmexico@gmail.com

Liked: 316

Thank goodness I have satelite. Our local Fox station has broadcast Tigers baseball in place of F1 for both the Canadian and US GP. I watch it live on the alternate Fox feeds from the east or west coasts.

I must give my local station credit though for broadcasting the whole F1 show even if it's a couple hours late.

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 263

apparently my ability to find the race on tv mimicks my ability to find the fast way around the track this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post
    Fox had it on in HD.... looked like 480 though - didn't seem like 1080

Coverage was not bad I thought....... Poor D Daly - He has been out of touch with F1. His remark about the block was spot on - but everyone figured it was just a whacky irishmans comment...... He didn't realize that has been the norm in F1 since 1993!!!
    We got it in HD on fox as well here in Southern NJ (the TV said it was 1080, picture seemed OK)...

Liked: 212

TIVO is a must for all race fans, i set it to tape "F1" "auto racing" and "motorcycle racing" and never miss anything. sure you must delete some NASCRAP but at least when i get home from a race weekend, there is a lot of GOOD tv to watch
    Cheers
    Len

Porsche River Oaks. Houston

Liked: 34

Default Hdtv

Local Fox station (SF) just got the second half of the pace lap and then the start (thank god)-the SF Giants had to finish losing another game and FOX local had to finish that broadcast before starting the F1 feed. I watched it on the FOX HD channel, but it was a 480i transmission, not HDTV. NASCAR is broadcast as HD (720p or 1080i ???). You could tell it was not a HD feed because during the pit stops, the action was so fast it looked like they had 19 or 20 guys over the wall. LOL
    dave

Liked: 449

Yeah, no REAL HD for F1 yet. It may be on the HD channel, but they're not broadcasting it at 1080. The Indy500 was HD for the first time just this year. It's coming along, but I think we get our feeds from other countries for other races besides the local ones, so we may not see F1 in HD for a while yet. Maybe someday soon they will do the USGP in true HD. Speed HD will be spectacular!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 34

Default HBO in HiDef

But you can watch movies in HD.
    HBO expands HD commitment

Jun 19, 2007 8:00 AM
    var clickURL="http://broadcastengineering.com/hdtv/hbo-expands-hd-commitment-0619/index.html"; window.onerror=function(){clickURL=document.locati on.href;return true;} if(!self.clickURL) clickURL=parent.location.href;

HBO last week committed to making all 26 feeds of its HBO and Cinemax multiplex channels available in HD.
    The rollout will begin later this year; its completion is expected by the end of the second quarter of 2008.
    HBO was the first national cable network to offer HD feeds, with HBO HDTV launching in 1999 and Cinemax HDTV in 2003.
    The move to HD affects: HBO (East/West); HBO2 (East/West); HBO Signature (East/West); HBO Comedy (East/West); HBO Family (East/West); HBO Zone (East/West); HBO Latino (East/West); Cinemax (East/West); MoreMAX (East/West); ActionMAX (East/West); ThrillerMAX (East/West); WMAX (East); @MAX (East); 5StarMAX (East) and OuterMAX (East).

dave (a hi def kind of guy in a low def world)

Thread Information