Liked: 5

Default Looking for fellow Elden FF owners

I recently acquired 2 Elden FF's, one MK 8 and a MK10C re-bodied to Falconer. Would like to converse with other owners.

The MK10C is basically complete and undergoing full maintenance after being in storage >15years.

The MK 8 requires plumbing, wiring etc as it had frame repair in 1995.

I look forward to seeing these cars out and racing soon in New Mexico and Colorado.

Larry Haynes

Liked: 0

Looks like I got home from Watkins Glen's vintage Grand Prix with 43 good photos of Bill Branson's Elden Mk10... but I failed to actually meet him and exchange contact information, and I'd really have liked to have seen his car with its cowl removed. I understand these cars had movable pedal assemblies for quick driver changes, eh?

The Eldens I have, have a moveable set of foot pedal assembly but not quick adjustment. It is a neat feature. I could send a picture if you like.

Would like to see your MK 10 pictures.

Liked: 318

My brother Jim is currently restoring a Mk 10c Falconer for one of his good friends. send me an email if you would like Jim's contact info.

khollowell at comwares dot net

Thanks,

Kip

Default Elden MK10

Hello Larry- I've been racing my Elden MK 10, PRH 001 with RMVR, VARA and others for the past several years. It is the prototype for the MK 10 series with some rather "unique" features. I rebuilt it after a rather large shunt in 2009 so I'm somewhat familiar with the restoration process for the cars. Contact me if you wish at billd970@earthlink.net, I'm in southwest Colorado.

Hi Larry I have just finished restoring my Mk 10c chassis 100/44. This car is ex USA and was apparently stretched 6 inches by the US importer ( along with three others). Mail me on ronwilkin@xtra.co.nz

Liked: 174

Are the Mk10 C Falconer's eligible for most vintage racing series? I think they
    resemble the Brabham "Lobster Claw" that Graham Hill drove in 71'.

Thanks!

Mark

I can't speak for all of the vintage groups, but most Elden 10's are 1972-1974. It appears they all share very similar chassis attributes but differ in radiator placements etc. Please check your local vintage group.

Here in New Mexico it will be accepted.

Larry
    1973 MK10
    1974 Mk10C
    1972 Royale RP16
    1987 Van Diemen FC

Default Elden Mk8s and Mk10s

Hi, I have two Elden Mk8s and a Mk10c in pieces along with a Mk10 Falconer that is owned by a friend. All are still in their original gel coat. I also have a very good supply of spares. I've raced Eldens since 1975 and once worked for the Elden dealer in Southern California. Great cars.

Contributing Member

paul---i have an elden mk10----with "c" mods. pic's at HubGarage.com - mexlr8's Garage

email: mexlr8@aol.com

I have a Falconer bodied 1972 Mk10 (C/N 77/10008), a 1972 "boat tail" (C/N 74/10005), a 1973 Falconer bodied Mk10 that I do not have a chassis plate or documentation for and one of those three "stretched" chassis referenced earlier in this thread that I'm not quite sure what to do with.

I met with Brian Hampsheir in the UK in 2004 and saw what was left of the "works" at the time. Unfortunately, he subsequently sold off the molds and patterns to some folks who are not upstanding and he now regrets having done so.

Please feel free to contact me via the email address in my profile.

Best Wishes,

DOC

Hello all;

I recently picked up 1972 PH10B AM72-70 in California and imported it to Canada. I only have logs back to 1996, but know it spent a lot of time around Santa Rosa with CSRG. After extensive preparation work at Huffaker in Sonoma, I'm looking forward to getting it on the track here once the snow finally goes away!

I'd be grateful to anyone who has information about the car's history and is willing to share it.
    Tim W.
    Elden PH10

Default Looking for Elden MK8 molds

One our new owners in Canada is looking for a mk8 body. Anyone in the US/Canada with molds or useable MK 8 bodies.

I do have great lead on molds in GB but worry about shipping costs.

Larry

Default Elden Mk10

Larry, I have an Elden Mk10 with side radiators (Falconer?) that i raced in the early 80's in southern California. I currently have it in storage as I am building a Legrand Mk27. I had an accident at Carlsbad raceway and tore the nose off the car, destroying the nose piece that covered the battery, so i need to fab a new one. I had been thinking about putting the radiator in the nose to get the others out of the wind-stream, but never got around to it because kids came along, etc. I would very much like to see your cars.
    I'm in Carlsbad. Where are you?
    Thanks, Mike Platis

Mike,

Good to hear from you. My Understanding is that a PRH10A was the Falconer and the 10B was with the radiators behind the front wheels and 10C was radiators back by the rear wheels. Now I am sure there is much discussion on that. My third Mk10 is a called a !)C but had radiators by the front wheels.

Do you know what Chassis # your car is? I have been trying to catch up the registry. I would like to see some pictures of a side radiator car to see how the radiators mounted, (detailed pic) If you need a new nose in the MK8 variety, several of us are looking to order parts from England, as they have all the MK8 and 10 molds.

We are in Santa Fe NM and if you are ever in the area let us know and would enjoy having you visit.
    Larry

Default Elden FF

Larry, thanks for the clarification on the types and marques. I will be returning my Elden from storage soon (because I'll be clearing that out to save quite a few bucks) and will be able to look up the chassis number. I can also drag out the log book and can get you the number and history for your registry. Yes, I'd like very much to stop by and see your cars if I am ever in Santa Fe. My work may take me there some time and it would be good to have a friendly face available.
    Thanks again and I'll keep you posted.
    Mike

Default Elden Mk6

Hi, i have just finished restoring my 1968 Elden Mk6. According to Peter Hampsheir it is the second Formula Ford that they built of 4 Mk6 cars. They then went on to the Mk8. Hopefully we will fire the car up in the next day or so for the first time, with its first outing in a months time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29544912@N02/9140753187/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29544912@N02/9142980426/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29544912@N02/9140753289/

Wow...beautifully done, Westwood! Be sure to post updates!
    Tim W.
    Elden PH10

Liked: 2

Westwood, your car looks great.

My Lotus 51 restoration body work is getting painted either later today or tomorrow. Do you mind telling me the color and color code that you used on your car? Thanks, Dan

Good looking MK6, and I too like those colors. Question Factory Inboard Front suspension? My Mk10C has inboard front after Lee Stohr added it.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by lch Racing View Post
    Good looking MK6, and I too like those colors. Question Factory Inboard Front suspension? My Mk10C has inboard front after Lee Stohr added it.

Larry
    Larry

I spoke to Peter about the suspension, and he said that the Mk6 cars had inboard, then all the MK8/10 had outboard!! It makes for a clean looking car, but it is very tight in the cockpit!!

Being British with a British car, i had to choose a colour from one of our famed manufacturers! I am fairly certain it is a Talbot colour, but cannot remember which. I will check with the paintshop and confirm.

Glad you all like it.

Duncan

Default Elden FF MK10C

Larry,
    I found my logbook and pulled out the following information. Per the logbook, it is a 10C, chassis number 19-1148, and the original owner was Hugh Mooney who raced it from August 1974 through December 1975. He then sold it to Vince Tyelmeland who raced it from May 1976 through June 1978. Vince then sold it to Jim Underwood, who never logged any races in the book. I purchased it from Jim in May of 82, raced in in 82 and 83, and have since stored the car.
    I would like to eventually rebuild the car, when I complete the build on my Legrand Mk27. The Elden needs a new nose, and the axles need to be cleaned up. I met Vince once and he told me he had to reweld the axles and his weld job was less then desirable so he chromed them to hide the ugly work. There's a lot of chrome on suspension pieces that I'd like to remove because it's peeling, but before I go and do that, I'll be consulting with smarter minds then mine for advice.
    Anyway, I hope you can use this info for your registry.
    Mike

Good Morning Mike,

Thanks for the update on your car. The Chassis # of 19-1148 probably came from the roll bar # from the first SCCA tech inspection of the car. 19 is for Cal Club I believe. From Peter's registry he shows PRH6 chassis # from, 6001-6004. 3 cars imported to the US.

I too have some pretty ugly half shafts that I am working on now. Not sure I can do them justice, maybe new ones are on the wish list. I see another 10C on the For Sale list in Indiana

http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/show...ighlight=elden

Wish I didn't have 3 already. Larry

Default Elden Mk10

That's interesting about the chassis number, and you're right about it being logged in with Cal Club. I'll check the chassis for another number the next time I'm at the storage facility. There's a guy in Cardiff (north San Diego County, coastal) named Wayne Mitchell who could probably build you new axles if you want a good job done. He used to race F3 in the 60's and did quite a bit of engineering and machine work with nuclear reactors. He has a pretty extensive shop and I'd be very surprised if he could not build those for you. 760-942-9170, sales@dogrings.com and yes, he cuts dog-rings all the time.
    Also interesting about the car for sale. Five grand for a chassis, transaxle and trailer. That's not a bad price for all of that. I've heard of people who buy older cars just for the transaxle.
    Take care,
    Mike

Default Elden Mk10 setup

Was wondering if anyone has some information on setup for my Mk10.

So far I've been guessing about spring rates and using rather generic toe camber etc. numbers, but would like to hear from some people who have something better sorted!

Thanks!
    Tim W.
    Elden PH10

Thread Information