Liked: 0

Default Who's good value for transport.

Hi all. I need to move a car from San Francisco to South Houston. Any good recomendations? I've gotten some rather painful quotes so far.
    Thanks,

Jim

Liked: 157

Jim, I've been asking the same question in anticipation of buying an out-of-town car soon and the recommendation I keep hearing is Intercity Lines. I havent spoken with them yet and havent gotten a quote but everyone I have talked with says they are terrific and they specialize in vintage and race car transport.

If you are in no hurry to have the car delivered you can get a better price from any of the transporters because they will route your car the most economical way as opposed to driving it directly to your destination without waiting to fill the trailer. so be sure to ask them about that.

Their website is www.intercitylines.com

HTH

Take care.

Tom

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default Yep. IntercityLines.

When it comes to transporting a race car you are best going with someone who has experience with them. Our cars are rather fragile compared to normal road cars and many car hauling companies are unprepared for the extra care our cars require. I did an extensive search when I needed to transport a car from Florida to the San Francisco area. Some of the people who I talked to were sure not prepared for handeling a Formula car! "What it can't be started up and driven onto the truck?" One guy had a good price but would not take any car with less than "5 of ground clearence! When you take into account things like experience with Special handeling needs,insurance and tracking you will find that even though companies like Intercity Lines are more expensive up front their performance is worth it for the end result. Believe me I'm not a big dollar guy but I must say this is one time I don't feel the extra expense was painful! Also when that BIG transport rolls up in front of your house and your TOY gets delivered with the same care as someones vintage F1 car you can't help but feel good. Well at least till the driver ask what my car was worth and and said mine was the least expensive car he had ever hauled!

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416

You get what you pay for! Passport Transport.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Liked: 0

Default Race car transport

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warner
    You get what you pay for! Passport Transport.
    I second Charlie's comment. I have tried Passport and the cheaper D&S. When Passport delivered a race car to my HOUSE it was surrounded by cars that exceded my car's value by a factor of 10. The car came from Corpus Christi TX to Charlottesville, VA in 3 days.

When I used D&S the car arrived ok but I had to pick it up at a tow truck yard (where it sat outside) and the communication was not as good as Passport. BUT, the D&S car came from Oregon to Virginia for $900 and it cost $1900 to ship that car from Corpus to Virginia.

I also used Passport to move the Aston Martin DB5 used in the movie Goldfinger from England to Michigan and then to Washington DC. It went very well indeed.

Liked: 492

We can give a good reccomendation to Sunday Transports (800-541-6601) They gave us great service and transported a FF from San Diego to the East Coast (Conn) with no problems.
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Thread Information