Thread: A Month!

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default A Month!

What? It's been a month and NO ranting about the RULES? Come on you guys it's winter. You must have something to complain about? What about Zetec? OhOh-now I started something!

Liked: 0

I think most people would just be happy to see a Cooper series Schedule instead of hearing rumors. Looks like most other pro series have released their schedules. Heck, Nascar had a 20 page promotional in the USA TODAY last Thursday celebrating last year and promoting this year . Of course their schedule mirrored this years. There are a lot of Pinto cars forsale!!!
    Jeff O

Liked: 605

rant.................there you go

actually, eye did my ranting in the form of proposing a rule that might be mentioned in the next issue of SportsCar concerning - no competition adjustments for 60 days prior to Runoffs - not holding my breath here because my opinion is the "leaders" [with apologies to Sauce] do things on the seeming spur of the moment without member input all too often as they see fit or at least with a sorry excuse - witness: the seat belt 2 yr rule . a regional driver that does double weekends just to keep up the license might buy new belts every 2 yrs when they've been used four times over the space of possibly two plus years and the car was stored inside.......doesn't seem fair or necessary. ........or the changes the other month to FC allowed cars/engines. ....or the spec fuel ideas
    and then there are the times when these same people do a good job.....witness the recent rules concerning Pinto engine parts

Contributing Member

I still think we should lobby for having chip implants in all drivers and doing away with the plastic wrist bands that can melt in a fire. We can also use them to get into nest years PRI show!

Liked: 447

Track fuel at the Sprints...
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 14

Drivers actually staying on the track during the summit point national ? Or are we going to repeat last years disgrace ?

Kevin
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Liked: 3319

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Carter
    Track fuel at the Sprints...
    Now THAT'S something I'd go for!
    Dave Weitzenhof

Liked: 2

i WANT TO SEE A Cen- Div National at Nelson Ledges again.
    They have done a lot of work(granted it was needed) and have only gotten a enduro for it and lost a National !!!!

Liked: 77

Quote Originally Posted by LAJ
    i WANT TO SEE A Cen- Div National at Nelson Ledges again.
    They have done a lot of work(granted it was needed) and have only gotten a enduro for it and lost a National !!!!
    The 2006 CENDIV schedule (as of Nov 13 - see CENDIV web site) has not one but two NE Ohio Region Nationals at Nelson (end of July and Labor Day).

Dave

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Hey, Kevin!

Kevin, I like your idea! Perhaps we should shoot for something a little less demanding, though. Let's see if we can get 4 consecutive green laps this year! We almost had to black flag the group so we could refuel the pace car--he led most of the race, and was one of the few that didn't spin.

Larry Oliver
    Larry Oliver

Liked: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Larry
    Kevin, I like your idea! Perhaps we should shoot for something a little less demanding, though. Let's see if we can get 4 consecutive green laps this year! We almost had to black flag the group so we could refuel the pace car--he led most of the race, and was one of the few that didn't spin.

Larry Oliver
    This years race was over in 28 minutes and no full course cautions that I remember. The qualifying was really bad with everyone spinning it seemed but conditions were really wierd. I had one spin all year, 2nd qualifying that day. Turn 3 was like ice on slicks but you couldn't see any water. The last regional of the year we had no problems qualifying in heavy rain. I think the nationals conditions were trickier. I see this years race is a week later, like that will mean much better conditons?

Default Track Fuel

Track Fuel at the June Sprints just like the Runoffs.

How can we make this happen guys.

If we get something started now maybe we can accomplish it by June.

Any Ideas

Rob

Liked: 9

I'm with Scott, Other than my spin on the pace lap I thought the Summit National went pretty good. Qualifying was difficult but considering the conditions (snow in turn 1 and enough rain to completely cover my setup pad) what do you expect.

I'll take the extra week, the week after the national the weather was 20 degrees warmer.

Hey Kevin I think my test day is full......

Contributing Member bryancohnracing's Avatar
    Liked: 16

Default Track Fuel

Rob, et al:

Write to Chicago Region and request that Track fuel be specified in the Supp Regs for the event. That's all there is to it. If there is sufficient support, they will make the change.

For more specifics, drop me a note at bcohn@scca.com and I can get you whom to contact and give you tips on how to write your request.

Bryan
    Bryan Cohn
    bryancohnracing@yahoo.com
    417-540-2595 text

Thread Information