Liked: 229

Default 06 Zetec changes

Just one voice here but thought I would share my idea for next year. What to change on the car- nothing! We are finally seeing decent sized grids, reliable cars, growing interest and as affordable a pro car as your going to get. I ran the first four weekends and really enjoyed the tough competition, the mix of young guns and some very quick masters, the great venues, and a super officiating team. The hospitality and lunches at the races were very well done and we definetly felt that our team was appreciated and important to the series. I like the limited gears, springs,bars, sealed shocks, and tire limits. I would however change the tire limit to 4 from 6. These tires are so good they can run a full weekend, and a $475 savings will be helpful to many of the smaller teams. If it is really an important issue to have a better front downforce set up, (it's been fine for 3 years) don't toss the whole nose and main plane, just use the flaps from the mazda, I cannot be the only one that has a spare sitting in the shop and will be slightly upset if it is obsolete. An update package will push some guys back to nationals/regionals. We have great momentum going, lets not derail it. Again this is just how I am thinking and would be intersted in how others feel, thanks, Brian Graham.

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default Just the Flaps please....

I run the Pro Mazda Flaps on my 03' Zetec (NO I do not enter pro races!) and they work well with the current Zetec front wing. At least the big brake upgrade $$$$$ has been postponed. I don't know how much the Pro Mazda flaps cost as I got mine from a friend who was at one of the Mazda pro races where they wipe out parts every session. He fished a complete front wing/nose assembly out of a dumpster and was surprised how much was stii usable? Well I guess if you have deep pockets you don't want to bother with trying to save the small stuff!

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 31

Brian,it seems that this is in fact what you might have for 06'.I don't think that at this point we have the time let alone$$$.The series has finally broken through on the global front again,thanks to folks like yourself.Hope to have some official news soon. Jon B

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Graham
    I would however change the tire limit to 4 from 6. These tires are so good they can run a full weekend, and a $475 savings will be helpful to many of the smaller teams.
    I agree 100%! I did some races in Pacific series this year and we had a 4 tire limit. It forced everyone to be a little more careful with their tires, but it saved a chunk of change.

John- any word on the schedule?

-Clark

Thread Information