Here is everything you need to know about Rounds #7 and #8 of the 2005 FF/CFF East vs West Challenge September 10-11 (that's this weekend!) at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course....

As announced in a separate thread, I will not be at Mid-Ohio. Jim Nash will be handling EWC commissioner duties for me. Jim will be renting a pit lane garage and should be easy to find.

Entry form? You can download one from the Ohio Valley Region web site: http://www.ovr-scca.org/download/for...lassicXXIV.pdf

Car count? About 18 to 24 cars sounds about right. Between gas prices and the cars wrecked at Road America, this is less than I would have expected a month ago but its still a good field.

Are the CFC cars still in the EWC race group? For now, yes. The registrar had not received enough FF/CFF entries as of last weekend's mail to justify the move. A move will have to be arranged at the track. Jim Nash will follow up on this.

Reserved paddock? Because of the proximity of the Runoffs, its just not possible to do a reserved EWC paddock at Mid-Ohio. Next year will be a different story.

Series info and decals? EWC driver info packets will be available to everyone who was not at Grattan , Blackhawk, or Road America. Please stop by Jim Nash's pit lane garage to pick one up and say hello. Jim will also have series/sponsor decals as well as the very cool EWC patches.

Free lunch? Loren Tieman regretfully has had to drop out of this year's series. Therefore, there will not be an EWC cookout on Saturday. Loren promises to be backā€¦

Prize drawing? The Saturday evening EWC prize drawing will be at the Adams Racing trailer immediately following the last checker of the day. Look for a big red trailer with three RF-98's. Jim Nash will have the usual list of great prizes. You must be present to win.

Weather? The long range weekend forecast calls for sunny skies with temperatures in the low 80s and less than a 20% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Pretty much perfect.

Tires? Both Hoosier and Goodyear will have trailers at the track.

Test day? There is a test day but its pretty hard on the wallet. See the Mid-Ohio web site for more information.

Steve Beeler, de facto EWC commissioner
Lola T-540 HU44
home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
office: (313)390-1818 sbeeler@ford.com