Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Liked: 1

1.07 is moving (even for a VD), taking into account how far tire tech has come since then too.
    Is 1990 about the time that VD took the upper hand in FC?
    When did the Reynards start to fall off?
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Liked: 202

"BGP must stand for Big Grumpy Person"...

OK, so now we're dissing BIG people?

Rick attended the mid-year meeting to see if there was support for what I think is a valid request to "clarify" the CFC rules. He was directed by RE's to take it up with the Class Review Board headed up by Phil Mellor and re-present it for consideration at Jekyll in January where it will most likely be voted in for the remainder of the 2006 season. In the interim Rick has taken it upon himself to publicly seek opinions on how to best word his proposal to include the most number of cars in the class.

That's a far cry from the change (no matter how valid it might be) made in August affecting the National Championship race to be held 45 days later.

And although it causes the Frog to run and hide at times, I'm also willing to identify myself when I post an opinion on controversial topics.

Butch Kummer
    Purple Frog Racing Crew Chief
    SEDIV GTA Ad Hoc Committee Chair
    Atlanta Region SCCA Board member
    Candidate for Atlanta Region Asst. RE, 2006
    Butch Kummer
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Liked: 115

Default Fallout?

When did the Reynards start to fall off?
    Mark: With you and the PF driving that Reynard, they didn't fall off!

JG

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 31

Mark,I would say that the Reynard's only problem back then was a small aero disadvantage.At the time alot of the constructors and competitors focused a lot on straight line.VD went the way of downforce and we had some very good drivers and teams as well.

Liked: 3787

Default going off thread

No disrespect meant to anybody. But, ever since I was gridded behind a FV that had "qualified" with a 1:11 at Roebling Road back when they were hand timing everything, I don't look at lap times seriously unless they were AMB or equivalent.
    Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

Liked: 0

After finaly finding the potential hidden in my old swift, I have started to rethink my position on the rules change. Any car produced up to 1995 reguardless of suspention lay out is fine by me. When the class started 5 or so years ago, it was unfair for the guy just starting out in a 1984 reynard to compete against the newer cars. Well that guy (Mark H) is out there setting track records now in that same 1984 reynard. A newer car helps, but a better driver is where the speed is, I only wish I could follow Mark into half of the corners he dives into at those speeds!!! Will a 1995 van diemen make my swift and Marks Reynard obsolite, no way!
    What we need is more cars in the class, if that means that a hot shoe brings out a newer model and stomps us, so be it. We will just have to step up our skills or progess forward into a newer car. CFC should be a place for the older cars to retire, and the newer drivers to start.
    With the state of the class currently it wont look that apealing to a new driver.
    Since AMS was dropped for next weekend, I dont have enough points to even bother chasing Mark at the SIC, he will run unopposed, and wins the points without even going!!!
    If we can get a few new guys out here the class has the potential to be great. Jamie and John k. should have fresh engines for next year (hopefully), David K, we just need to get you out to the track, Chris T, Rich L, Rick H, lets fill those fields up, Rick J, we would love to ses the crossle on the track, Dean B, all you need is a little seat time and some modernizing of the car and you will be right in the mix, I for one hate to see the exodus of Mr Gaither after only one weekend in his swift, but I feel were he is coming from the car is REALLY SMALL inside.
    I guess I am just rambling on because I am bummed about ams being cancelled.
    Out of all you guys who have entered a CFC race this year is anyone opposed to the 1995 and back sceinario. Thing long and hard about it. If we dont get car counts up the class will die. Then we will be concerened with the hot shoe driving the no expense spared 2005 car, not the upstart driver in a 10-20 year old machine.
    LET'S PUT MORE CFC'S ON THE TRACK
    Tyler Raatz
    1988 swift se3

Liked: 115

Default Thanks, Tyler

Thanks for the comment, Tyler. I was looking forward to this class. This group must have something good going for it - after all this is post number 126 or something for a topic about a class with really small participation numbers in SeDiv in '05 . After all is said and done, I hope that the current rules can be relaxed somewhat so that newer cars can participate. The driver is going to be the biggest difference here anyway. My old '85 DB3 is the current class track record holder at both VIR and Road Atlanta with some really quick times (not my times). Mark H. lowered the CMP record a ton this year. This is darn cheap, fast fun.

Meanwhile, check out the FC classified's for a nice DB3!

JG

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information