Liked: 0

Default Wanted: Entry Level Car

I'm looking at getting back into Solo2 and want a basic winged open wheel car to play with. Can pay cash or if interested I have a showroom condition Suzuki RGV250M two stroke GP replica as a partial trade. It is legally registered and tagged in NY and is a very rare bike in the U.S.

tl1000jcky@aol.com

You say Obsession like it's a bad thing......

Default entry level car

What do you consider entry level? Do you have a brand preference? What is your budget?

Liked: 1

Default entry level winged car

If you are still looking - I have CFC Crossle 63F with strong Ivy motor. Car is very easy to set up drive and is well developed. Car is excellent and needs nothing - call me at 248-797-7636 for more info

David Keep
    mikeep63@yahoo.com

Default Entry Level =?

I suppose I'd consider a late 80's very early 90's Van D. to be entry level. To be honest, this is my first look at open wheel cars so I am learning about the chassis available on a daily basis. My intent is for my son (just turned 16) and I to run Solo2 with a fun, reliable, easy to work on, purpose built racer. Would prefer a car with F&R wings.

I have an 85 Reynard that may interest you. Not the fastest of FC's but good enough to be 2004 NARRC/NERRC champion. Have moved on to a 97 VD and can tell you that the reynard is far easier to work on and parts are also substantialy less money and quite available through Larry Oliver.Price around $6 or maybe a bit less with two sets of whels and some gearsets/etc. It's located on the Mass/ NH border so not an outragous distance from you. Let me know if you'd like any other information and good luck.
    Mark

Default Prschmn1

Thanks for your reply. Please email me any pictures or info on the car that you can. Sounds like you are not far from me at all. I'd be willing to come out and take a look if the info looks good. Thanks for your thoughts on the Reynard vs. Van D.

Joe
    TL1000JCKY@aol.com

Liked: 7

Default Reynard

I will take the reynard for $6,000.00, where do I send the deposit?
    Have a friend with a Reynard and he loves it, sickingly just got rid of a citation FC and I feel the need, can send cash/cashiers check for car, and arrange pick up.
    Call me ASAP, Johnny Reisert
    Johhny Reisert

Default Reynard

Please e-mail pics to reisertracing@yahoo.com, with list of spares, etc, time on motor, shock info, teched 2005? any major problems?, gear box solid?
    Thanks,
    PS-sorry to highjack your post, but have Reynard wanted listed in wanted ads!
    Johhny Reisert

Do I hear $6200 for the Reynard? Just kidding. I will have to find pictures for you--lost a bunch in a PC crash but will work on that. Can tell you at least a few things about the car.
    Turns 54s at Lime Rock 105s at NHIS. New bonded belly pan for 2004 season, new Willans belts as well last year. Engine has 6 or 7 races on it and new ring and pinion about 12 races ago. Two sets of Compomotives, some gear sets,springs. Penske two ways with 6 or 7 races. Trans case does have a crack but is still usable and have a spare case that goes with the car. Could use one of the header primaries replaced--has been repaired several times--probably not an issue for autocross use. It has been a reliable and fun car for me-forgiving. A few other spares, rear wing mount brackets,steering rack mount, etc. Possibly can add a 14 by 8 enclosed trailer if desired for $1000. Will try to find pics over the weekend for you.
    Mark

Liked: 605

wings on a solo car? .....unless you've got about 20 to 30 square feet of wing on the car, it's not going to make any downforce that will help - your speeds will not be enough to give any flow sufficient for force - and when you mess up a run by hitting a cone with the edge of a front wing, you'll regret having a wing - buy an old formula ford - give up on the wing idea - you'll find more grip with a tire budget than wings

Default Reynard

I don't plan on solo, looking for road race car. Need a car easy to work on and ready to race.
    Does this car have 2005 tech?
    Johhny Reisert

Since I am now running another car I did not have it teched this year but can arrange that if needed. Also need to reinstall trans but otherwise ready to race.

Default trannie

Do you have set-up sheets for car? Droop limiter for front and diffuser?
    Can you put the non-cracked trannie on it?
    Any extra wings?, condition of tires?
    Cockpit adjustable sway bars?
    Size of cockpit? I am 6'1" 200#
    Have heard they are roomy?
    Any trouble with clutch slave cylinder?
    What about gauges? Tach?
    Bump steer? ackerman?
    Very interested in car.
    Color?
    Crush box front or framed?
    Photos?
    Johhny Reisert

Default Reynard

Belly pan bonded?
    anything I might have missed?
    Johhny Reisert

e-mailed a couple pics to both of you. Belly pan is bonded-aluminum nose crush box-bump-steered last year-ackerman as Adrian designed it, does anybody change that? Re-casing trans is not a simple task and would add to the cost. Car had a Mychron which I can reinstall or hook old guages back up. Also have a number of spring sets-would reccomend starting with the 350/550 setup--car is bigish so 6/1 200* shouldn't be a problem but expect your butt won't fit in my seat--I'm 5/10 150* but the guy I bought it from was at least 200*

and another thing--no the bars are not cockpit adjustable. the rear wing has been updated from the pics but will include the old stuff. the clutch slave is external and all cylinders and calipers rebuilt for last season so shouldn't be a problem, tilton 7 inch clutch and hi torque starter.

Liked: 106

Default too cheap

Mark. Your doing someone a big favor for that price. Who ever get its will be thrilled. BTW nice drive at NHIS congrats!

Thread Information