Liked: 0

Default First Look at Blackhawk EWC Entries

With 7 days to go and counting, here is the first look at the entry list for Rounds #3 and #4 of the 2005 FF/CFF East vs West Challenge July 9-10 at Blackhawk Farms Raceway in Rockton, Illinois. I'll save you the trouble of counting: the list car count is already up to 31.

Jim Nash, Van Diemen RF98, FF, W
    Dave Hopple, Piper DF-2, FF, W
    Bill Bergeron, Van Diemen RF90, W
    Loren Tieman, Reynard 83F, FF, W
    Gary Payne, Reynard 88F, FF, W
    Mark Blythe, Van Diemen RF98, FF, W
    Paul Reineck, Van Diemen RF86, FF, W
    Ian Lenhart, Van Diemen RF87, FF, W
    Bill Barnard, Van Diemen RF98, FF, W
    Todd Rhoades, Swift DB-1, FF, W
    Mark Kolell, Van Diemen RF85, FF, W
    Tim Wise, Swift DB-6, FF, W
    John Luxon, Piper DF-2, FF, W
    Steve Olson, Euroswift SE-1, FF, W
    Alex Murray, Swift DB-1, FF, W
    Bill Ehrlinger, Van Diemen RF80, CFF, W
    Alan Murray, Crossle 45F, CFF, W -or- Tom Stillwell, Swift DB-1, FF, W
    Tad Lenhart, Tiga FFA-80, FF, W
    Hans Iwand, Eagle, CFF, W
    Marc Blanc, Swift DB-6, FF, W
    Tony Foster, Swift DB-1, FF, W
    Jon Adams, Van Diemen RF98, FF, E
    Dan Binks, Van Diemen RF98, FF, E
    Steve Beeler, Lola T-540, CFF, E
    Tom Tipsword, Van Diemen RF81, CFF, E
    Dave Harmison, Royale RP-21, CFF, E
    Brian Duncan, Tiga FFA-78, CFF, E
    Ron Tebo, Van Diemen RF78, CFF, E
    Mike Neylon, Zink Z-10, CFF, E
    Erik Shepard, Hawke DL12, CFF, E
    Bruce Faucett, TBD, TBD, TBD

As impressive as this list is, there are still 13 drivers in the probable-to-possible categories that I have not yet heard from. Its almost a sure thing that we'll have more cars than Bernie gets and perhaps we can beat what Tony put on the track at Indy. If you are not on this list but should be, please send me a quick e-mail or add a reply to this thread.

Need an entry form? The .pdf file is posted elsewhere in the "FF: Event News, Info & Results" topic. Enter early and enter often.

See everyone at the Friday test day.

Steve Beeler, de facto EWC commissioner
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)390-1818 sbeeler@ford.com
    Last edited by Steve B; 07.01.05 at 9:42 AM. Reason: Updated through 07/01/05

Default Test Day

What are the times and how much is a full day/half day?
    Brian Duncan<br />Indy Region

Default Blackhawk Farms Test Day + Entry List

Brian: Friday test days at Blackhawk Farms are $200 and include ambulance, wrecker, and corner workers. I'm not sure what the track's policy is on half-days. The track phone number is (815)389-200. If you can negotiate a half-day rate, please let me know...

Everyone: I'm sorry to report that Pete Wood and Gary Godula have fallen off the entry list. That reduces the "first look" car count to 21 but there are still 29 drivers that I have not yet heard from.

Lola T-540 HU44

Liked: 23

[size=1]The 1/2 day test day fee for the Rennen Regional was $100. Check or cash at the security gate.[/size]

[size=1]A quick note to those enduring through Chicago, starting July 8th it will be illegal to use a cell phone in a moving car when within Chicago city limits proper. Note this does not include the suburbs (e.g. I294). However you can use handsfree or earbud legally in the city. You can thank our one moronic alderman Burton Natarus for this (same guy who wanted to restrict right turns on red lights to improve safety for pedestrians--instead of enforcing the laws which state pedestrians have the right of way that most Illinois drivers don't seem to be aware of).[/size]

[size=1]However, since the state patrols the Ryan, Kennedy & Eisenhower within the city, its unclear if they will enforce a city ordinance. But, the Skyway is patrolled by Chicago's finest and suspect they'll be enforcing it aggressively there initially for some quick revenue from those out of staters who don't watch WGN.[/size]

[size=1]Tim.[/size]
    Last edited by TimW; 06.15.05 at 4:22 PM.
    ------------------
    'Stay Hungry'
    JK 1964-1996 #25

Default Latest news on Blackhawk EWC entries

Ian Lenhart (Van Diemen RF87, FF, W) has checked in which brings the early entry list up to 22 cars. Anybody else out there with some good news?

Lola T-540 HU44

Liked: 1

Default Extra added bonus

As a "extra" added special bonus to all who enter Rounds 3 & 4 at Blackhawk Farms... brand new hot off the sewing machine EWC Driver Suit Patches! See me at my trailer or Beelers for the Patch handout (size is 1.6 X 3). The Drivers Suit Patch police will be out in force at impound, so we wouldn't want anybody to get DQ'd for not having the correct EWC patch on their drivers suit now would we? ... -Dave
    Last edited by Dave Hopple; 10.13.07 at 10:58 AM.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 111

Default Entry Form & schedule

Hi,

I am looking at running this event with my S2. Can someone point me to an entry form and schedule? Or e-mail it to me? I am not on a mailing list.....

Thanks!
    CORKY!
    ctjahn@hotmail.com

Liked: 9

Hop,

I'll be at Thunderhill that weekend running a DB4 (Thank you again Scott!!). My plan is to run FF or CF next season though...any chance of getting a patch and being an honorary EWC guy? If things work out I may be bringing the Lola out again this season, but with a child due in Sep. and my schedule, no plans for any EWC races this season. Will you be at the Sprints?
    Currently Without Car

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 111

Default Entry - Thanks

"Need an entry form? The .pdf file is posted elsewhere in the "FF: Event News, Info & Results" topic. Enter early and enter often." Guess I missed this....

Got it.
    Thanks
    Corky

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Ellingson
    Hop,

I'll be at Thunderhill that weekend running a DB4 (Thank you again Scott!!). My plan is to run FF or CF next season though...any chance of getting a patch and being an honorary EWC guy? If things work out I may be bringing the Lola out again this season, but with a child due in Sep. and my schedule, no plans for any EWC races this season. Will you be at the Sprints?

Brad, enter the Lola in the August Kettle EWC races at Elkhart and you'll get a patch.

Not sure if I will be at Da Sprint's yet, got my car done though since there wasn't a F1 race on yesterday, just a tire test infront of a bunch of people... -Dave

Default Bill Barnard is back!

After a three year hiatus, Bill Barnard (Van Diemen RF98, FF, W) has just checked in. Welcome back to FF1600, Bill.

This brings the "first look" Blackhawk Farms car count up to 23 cars. To see the complete early entry list, scroll up to the top of this thread.

Steve Beeler
    Lola T-540 HU44

Default Make it 24

Doing finishing touches on the DB-1, Have Vac request in, Entry form being filled out as we speak..Look forward to seeing everyone again..Todd Rhoades

Default 24 + 2 = 26

I got an e-mail last night from Joe Lodl, the registrar, with two additional entries: Mark Kolell (Van Diemen RF85, FF, W) and Tim Wise (Swift DB-6, FF, W). This brings the total FF/CFF car count to 26 and counting. Scroll up to the first post in this thread for the complete early entry list.

Lola T-540 HU44

Default Bad Address on BHF - EWC Entry Form?

Just back from the Sprints and I find my entry form for the BHF - EWC race returned to me undeliverable... I used the following address as printed at the top of the form: Joseph Lodl, 111 Forest Ave. Edgerton, WI 53534-9321. Anyone got a fax or e-mail or phone for Mr Lodl?

Gary
    Gary Payne
    St Louis

Default Registrar's New Address

Joe Lodl, the Blackhawk Valley Region registrar, is trying to move while adminstering his duties as registrar. He is indeed worried about the post office forwarding his mail properly. For those running into problems, here is Joe's new snail mail address: 1325 East Street.
    Black Earth, WI 53515. It might be a good idea to also send Joe an e-mail so that he knows your entry has been delayed: jlodl@netzero.net

Lola T-540 HU44

Default 26 - 1 = 25

So sorry to report that John Haydon Jr (Tiga FFA-80, CFF, W) has dropped off the early entry list. We still are at 25 cars with 24 more in the probable-to-possible categories. Everything is pointing towards a great weekend of Formula Ford 1600 racing. More news to follow. Watch this space.

Lola T-540 HU44
    Last edited by Steve B; 06.28.05 at 4:31 PM. Reason: corrected typo

Liked: 42

Looking forward to attending, but not sure if were going to make it at this point.

I got run over by a Fmazda (emphasis on the F) at apex T7 next to last lap of the Sprints, lost right rear, and bent right front plus body work issues. We'll try to be ready, but we'll see. Maybe we'll have to dig out the Crossle, and keep the CFF guys in line. ;-)

Looking forward to the event regardless as a spectator or participant. There has always been more FF/CFF wheel to wheel racing and close competition in the EWC than we've seen in three Nationals so far this year.

I would expect the same for the upcoming Firecracker at BFR.

See you guys there.

And if you're still undecided about this event, make up your mind now to register and go. Best group of FF/CFF you'll see anywhere.

Marc
    FFCoalition.com
    Marc Blanc

Default Registration Issue Update

Got an e-mail response from Mr Lodl today advising me to send the returned registration to the updated address quoted in Steve's previous e-mail. He indicated that he will waive late entry fee if it arrives after the deadline.

Gary
    Gary Payne
    St Louis

Default 25 - 1 + 4 = 28

Andy Graff (Van Diemen RF97, FF, W) had to withdraw his entry because of a misadventure during the June Sprints but I got four more entry confirmations today: Mike Neylon (Zink Z-10, CFF, E), Ron Tebo (Van Diemen RF78, CFF, E), John Luxon (Piper DF-2, FF, W), Alex Murray (Swift DB-1, FF, W), and Steve Olson (Euroswift SE-1, FF, W).

If you do the math, that brings the car count up to 28. With 16 more drivers still in the probable-to-probable categories, Tony's magic number of 33 is a s-t-r-e-t-c-h but stranger things have happened. Bernie and Max have been left in the dust.

The reports of the death of Formula Ford 1600 have been greatly exaggerated....

Lola T-540 HU44

Liked: 2

Default blackhawk

It worked out that I can be a Blackhawk.... Mainly because I don't want any of you guys running off with the slow qualifier award!!!

Liked: 67

Having won the FF portion of the 2004 EWC I got the honor of taking the Lamont Cup home for awhile where it is proudly displayed. It really is a very nice trophy and an excellent tribute to Jake.

“The Chase for The (Lamont) Cup” continues on July 9th at Blackhawk!

I’ve included a photo of the trophy with my Dad (and long time crew chief) and me at Gratten this past May.

Jim Nash
    Last edited by Jim Nash; 04.16.07 at 1:55 PM.

Liked: 12

Also...I'll have the new issue of FCM at Blackhawk, hot off the press, for anyone who has not yet seen the magazine. The coverage from Grattan is in this issue.

If we have any left at the end of the weekend, I'd love for people to take a few and give them to racers who they know do not yet subscribe...I need help spreading the word!

See you there....

RH - FCM
    Take care,

Rob Howden
    519-223-1152

Liked: 35

Default Blackhawk

Sorry to report that due to family tragedy, John Wagner will not be able to attend. Also, to Rob Howden, I faxed subscription but not sure it went through. If I need to re-submit, send notice to tony.foster@genmills.com. Thanks and see all next week!

Liked: 9

Default late entry

All this talk about formula fords collecting dust in garages...

I just sent my entry in. I'll be running a Tiga FFA80 that hasn't been run in two years. I will be running FF (not CFF) for the West Team. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to run with 30 formula fords at Blackhawk during an EWC race. With that many cars on the 1.8 mile track, you are always racing with 3-6 other cars.

Tad Lenhart

Default 31 and still counting...

I just got word from Erik Shepard that he will be towing his Hawke DL-12 CFF to Blackhawk from Rochester, New York. Welcome to the East team, Erik.

I also heard from the registrar that an entry has been received from Bruce Faucett. This is a new name to me. If you are out there, Bruce, please let us know where you are from and what you are driving.

More good news. Tom Stillwell (Swift DB-1, FF, W) will be entering. However, this will push Alan Murray's car out of the Murray Motorsports trailer unless Alan gets over/under racks installed in time. So I guess that still leaves us at 31 cars for now.

Lola T-540 HU44
    office:
    Last edited by Steve B; 07.01.05 at 9:43 AM. Reason: Found two more cars I had missed!

Default Dust collectors...

Tad - so the pressure got to ya, huh! Glad to hear it. Missed you at the Sprints but got to say hello to Ian - for all of 10 seconds. Weekend from hell...but still had a blast. 31 cars - looks like my chance for a top 20 spot is quickly fading...:>) 6 days and counting.....

Loren
    No time, no talent, plenty of sleep....

Thread Information