Liked: 1

Default 1990 Swift DB4 For Sale

With great reluctance, brought on by the realism of supporting the education of two daughters over the next several years, I'm selling my Swift DB4. This is truly a nice car with a terrific race history which deserves to be on the track and not just sitting in my shop.

Car originally was prepped and engineered by Dave McMillian and Gary Orton for 1989 Formula Super Vee Champion Stewart Crow to use, with great success in the 1991 Toyota Atlantic Championship season. During the off season between the 1991 and 1992 seasons, the car was completely rebuilt including a new tub and then only saw duty at a few races during the first portion of that year. Wins were posted by Crow in ’91 and ’92 using this car at Montreal, Mid Ohio and Toronto along with several other podium finishes. After being retired in mid season in favor of the emerging Ralt chassis, the car was literally shelved in Dallas before being purchased by current owner in 2002. Subsequently, the car has been used for three vintage weekends at Historic Sports Car Racing (HSR) and Sports Car Vintage Race Association (SVRA) events.

Car is the epitome of professional preparation with no expense being spared. It is 100% complete and ready to race. This is a bar none, no excuse car which still appears in the same livery as it ran in the 1992 Toyota Championship season. Car has been rehomologated by SCCA and is ready to race.

Features include:

Low time (approximately 2 hours total) on Hasselgren Toyota Atlantic engine. Twin Webber 48’s, fresh set of headers, new Piper Cross air filters, Electromotive HPV-3b programmable ignition system complete with a laptop for set up with correct software plus a custom communication cable, brand new battery plus a spare, charged halon fire suppression system, Stach tach, racetech analog gauges, digital volt gauge, spa steering wheel with quick disconnect, Tilton starter, Holley race fuel pump and pressure regulator, oil tank heater, extensive use of military spec weather proof electrical connectors, new driver restraint system (dated 4-05), AP 4 piston calipers, vented brake disks, new Ultra rain light, new Spa formula car mirrors (originals included), Tilton Super starter, Tilton clutch, Supertrap muffler. “Thin-man” cockpit inserts still in place with nomex covered custom foam inserts. Extensive and comprehensive use of AN hardware and braided steel lines and hoses through out. This car was engineered and prepped to endure a Pro Atlantic race and it shows!

Staffs gearbox. Fresh setup by Taylors Race Engineering after purchase by current owner. (invoice available) 9:35 Ring gear and pinion (excellent condition). 5 speeds plus reverse (12:33/16:35 1st-2nd combo gear, 17:25, 22:28, 24:24 currently in the box)

Front and rear three way adjustable Penske shocks. Fresh oil and seals 8/03.

Brand new Jongblods (invoice available) with mounted Avons plus spare set of Jongblods (originals that came with the car) with mounted rains.

Would make a killer regional FA or could be competitive at the national level with the right driver. Also can be ran at Vintage/Historic events with HSR or SVRA. The only thing that I know that the car could possibly use is the fuel cell refoamed. The foam appears good but it’s old. Paint is very nice but there are some stone chips. Could use fresh paint but absolutely not necessary. Car is gorgeous as it sits!

Spares include misc gear box bits, gears, ring gear and pinion, half shafts, bell housing/oil tank, carb jets and floats, AP carbon clutch plus pressure plate, flywheel, numerous front sway bars, gear box set up tools, pinion nut tool, Penske shock spares, wet weather front wing, spare nose and box assembly, complete HPV3b ignition system with extra magnetic pickups, wheel nuts, set up notes.

Complete package $27,000.

Located in Tennessee.

For more information email: Argojm2@yahoo.com

Default Picture

Here is a picture of the car sitting in my shop and no, my Trail 70 pit bike is not for sale. hahahaha

Cheers!

Default Photo From VIR

Taken at HSR-VIR in 04.

Will sell as roller, with or without spares.

Default Price Reduced

Price reduced to $25,500 for complete package with spares or $16,500 for roller. Trades considered. This would make a terrific car for someone looking to move to an FA.

Liked: 0

Hi

DB4 still for sale?

Regards

David

Yes, the car is still for sale.

Sent you an e mail

Liked: 4

You mention you would "consider trades"
    I have my "88 Swift SE3" listed for sale and I'm looking to go back to F/A.
    Plesae take a look at my listing in "F/C Classified For Sale"
    Regards, Fred
    Last edited by FWSchroeder; 08.05.09 at 7:54 AM.
    F.W. Schroeder, 6th

David,
    Great to meet you and throughly enjoyed having you drop by to view the car. I wish the DB4's came with a "tub strecher" because, other than you physically fitting in the car, I think this is exactly the right match for you. Let me know how things go at the Glen this weekend!

Fred - you have mail.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 923

David,
    A little off the topic, but do you own an Argo JM-2??

What is it's history??

Steve,

I bought one to restore but lost interest when I bought the DB4. I'm sending you an email to discuss.

Maybe I could cut 6 inches off my legs and saw my feet in half...

Seriously your DB4 is a peach and would be a great buy for anyone looking for a reasonably priced entry into FA

My best
    David

I hear you! The cars are a bit...ummmmm... snug!

Thanks for the kind words.

Morning, E-Mail received. Response forth coming.
    Thanks, Fred
    F.W. Schroeder, 6th

Liked: 7

Default Db4

Have a Citation FC that I would be interested in trading, many spares, body work, gears, molds, parts, 2005 teched . Sister car to Dave Weitzenhof.And maybe throw in a Mazda RX-7 ITA/Pro 7 Car! Good for enduros, Nalson Ledges 12 hour coming up soon! 2 cars for one, that's a hellova deal!!!
    Call me 812-948-5865

What size driver would fit in the DB4?
    Johhny
    Johhny Reisert

Johnny,

Swift DB4's take a medium size driver ok. I'm 5'8" 180lbs, Size 9 shoe and I fit with room for adjustment. However, for someone very much larger, it gets tight and depending on how you feel about 'snugness', can become an issue. Shoulders, butt and feet seem to be the issue. If you are serious about getting one, I would suggest trying one on for size before purchase.

Currently, I'm waiting on Fred to finalize negotiations with his "Team Manager" before we settle on a deal. I had one other offer besides his. If these fall through, I'll give you a call.

Thanks for the offer!

Thanks 4 being a man of /your his word.
    A frend of the "Manager"
    F.W. Schroeder, 6th

"No problem Mon"! Just let me know how the negotiations go.

David - Thanks again for the kind email. Good luck in your search and I look forward to seeing you at the track in an FA!

Cheers!

Hi - is the DB-4 still for sale.

Liked: 554

tmartin, from reading the other posts, it sounds like you'd be fourth in line for this car.

Hey did you folks see that an apparently nice DB-4 sold for $16,000 on ebay? Pretty low price for a fast car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Fred ran into some problems and had to decline. So today I attempted to contacted the other gentlemen who expressed interest but nothing final. Car is still for sale.

Car has been sold. Thanks for the interest!

Thread Information