Thread: Forged Pistons

Contributing Member John Merriman's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Default Forged Pistons

If you haven't seen the new CP forged piston Jay Ivey developed, take a look. (Assuming the picture actually uploads for me!) The forging and machining are nothing short of exquisite and the finish is impeccable. Most significantly, these pistons represent a major net reduction in engine rebuild costs and make another contribution to long term reliability. They are supplied at minimum weight - no further balancing required - and without wrist pins. Just slide in your existing ones and snap in the Spirolocs!! Available from Ivey Engines and all your friendly FF1600 engine builders nationwide!!

Liked: 1

Wow! I'd better order some! -Dave

Liked: 4

Default Ivey Engines

1-503-255-1123 Call Jay or his Great wife Susan. For all your engine needs. These are great people. We need more people like them in are sport. TNT

Contributing Member Curtis Boggs's Avatar
    Liked: 0

Gotta agree here on a few points, ..

first the new pistons are nothing short of awesome! Very, VERY nice job By Jay.
    We now have fixed a major issue with the little Kent and it's now a true race engine that
    will last MUCH longer between rebuilds, .. and Much less block sleeving, .. !!!!
    All those who complained about the cost of running a Kent, .. this will significantly reduce
    the operating costs.

Jay & Susan, .. yes, great people, .. awesome engine builder, .. nice people, ..
    I always look forward to any excuse to call & talk to them, ..

Curtis
    Racing Flow Development
    Simultaneous 5-axis CNC Porting
    http://www.raceflowdevelopment.com

Classifieds Super License Joefisherff's Avatar
    Liked: 103

Default Hepolite Issues

I heard last week that one FF racer lost an engine on its maiden voyage due to a Hepolite Piston failure. His engine builder/supplier told him that the Hepolites were now being manufactured in India and recommended Zygloing each piston to identify any manufacturing issues prior to use. If this is the case the forged units look better and better. Thanks again Jay!

Liked: 123

Default Monoposto legal?

Are these pistons Monoposto approved?

Brian

Liked: 2

Default Forged Pistons.......

I heard that the forged pistons are immensely expensive??? Heard over $500. Can anyone confirm /deny that level of price? Is Jay the only source? I also have heard that they are light. My vintage group is having to lower the allowed piston weight to make these legal when someone eventually uses them..........

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by scotts216
    I heard that the forged pistons are immensely expensive??? Heard over $500. Can anyone confirm /deny that level of price? Is Jay the only source? I also have heard that they are light. My vintage group is having to lower the allowed piston weight to make these legal when someone eventually uses them..........

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/Pro...asp?RecId=4746

$533 for a set of 4, (add around $150 I think for a ring set) but your going to get a lot more mileage out a forged piston than the standard AE which was around $400 set, you will save money in the long run. Small price to pay really, for a much better part. -Dave

P.S. I have to say that I ordered some stuff recently online from Pegasus, their site really works great.

Liked: 492

I think that one of the problems Jay had with the pistons, was having them made heavy enough. They weigh about 525 grams, which is what the last stock pistons weighed. I think the new SCCA min weight will be 515 grams, to allow some machining to correct compression ratios.
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Contributing Member Curtis Boggs's Avatar
    Liked: 0

By the way guys, .. since Jay did us all a great favor with these pistons, ..
    we should all do him a favor, .. <starts to whisper> Now keep this quiet but, ..
    I have it from a reliable source that Jay has a "thing" for rubber duckys, ..
    yup, you read that right, .. those little plastic, floating bath tub freinds, .. so, ...
    next time you see a cute little rubber ducky at Toys R Us, .. send it to Jay, ..

Don't forget to include a check for the new pistons.

Curtis
    Racing Flow Development
    Simultaneous 5-axis CNC Porting
    http://www.raceflowdevelopment.com

Thread Information