Liked: 1

Default Summit Point Regional Results

Here is a short race report
    The "Wings and Things" group drew the #1 pill this weekend. Not too bad for race day and a quick get away from the track but on a misty, damp morning with better weather on the way it was less than appreciated. The track was green and damp for the session with some opting for dry set ups in the hope it would not be too bad and dry line would develop and the rest going full wet. Basically, the session was a throw away because the weather was improving by the minute and by the afternoon session would be perfect. After the first session Scott Gessford had the provisional pole.

Session #2 saw perfect weather with 8 dry groups worth of rubber put down on the track. George Houtz set the time to beat at 1.14.3. Gessford filled out the front row just a couple of tenths behind. Andy Chu and Joe Woodard made up the second row. The top four cars were cover by about a half a second.

Race. Houtz took the lead at the green and was never headed. He pulled a 4 car freight train for the first few laps. Chu retired with oil pressure problems at the quarter race point. Gessford fell back by a few seconds with Woodard spacing himself back from Gessford about the same. Gessford made a great run in the later stages and erased Houtz's lead. Traffic and Houtz reeling off consecutive fastest laps (.13.9) keep Gessford at bay earning Houtz the victory.
    Barry Haynie
    FC #9 WDCR

Liked: 5

Good report Barry. George really went on cold tires, something I thought I was ok on but need to raise my game. A yellow flag in turn 3 and a car going about 20 mph really cost me a lot of time. I got most of it back and entering the final lap we had 4 lap cars in front of us which we caught in turn 5. George got thru them and won. I had my best ever lap of 1:13.8 to his 13.9. So I'm pretty happy. Still got a long way to go but I'm getting some laps in and my confidence is growing. Lap traffic was pretty tough, but it's the same for everyone. The closing speed is getting pretty bad.

Thread Information