Contributing Member Gary Godula's Avatar
    Liked: 60

I have a HANS issue that I have not seen posted on this web site. While doing a trial fit with my new HANS device, we find that the adjustment buckles for the shoulder belts sit high enough on the HANS to hit the bottom of the helmet and interfer with my helmet position. I am using the latest Willans belts in an '88 Reynard chassis. The belts measure 14.5" from mounting plate to adjuster buckle (webbing length only). I am guessing that I need a 17-18" belt length to aleviate this issue.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Where can I get belts that are longer? Help......gmg
    Gary Godula
    '88 Reynard FF88
    SCCA Club Racing / Solo #57 FF/CM

Liked: 0

This is actually a common problem. One cure is longer shoulder belts. Be careful not to overdo it, you could run out of adjustment quickly and not be able to tighten the belts completely. Contact your local Willians dealer.

or -

By removing the padding from my HANS everything fit a lot better. It is not uncomfortable and the buckle clears my helmet.

Tim
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

You could also get the Hans specific belts from Schroth.

Wooly

Gary, Brian C fabricated and added 6" metal extenders in order to use the shorter Willans belts. The lower attachment point on the extender uses the original belt bolt holes and the belt then bolts into the upper portion of the extender. Works like a charm.

Gary Payne, St Louis
    Gary Payne
    St Louis

Thread Information