Fallen Friend
    Liked: 168

Default Soruce for Camloc 50E8-20 stud?

doing a RT5. Side pods held with what looks like a camloc fastener. Best I can tell from searching is these are 50E8-20 or 21....no coil spring, shank about 5 mm dia, head big 15mm with flat slot, bellville stype spring washers under head....815" from back side of head to tip.... cross pin towards end...quarter turn... recepticals riveted to inside of tub, so want to stay with same fasteners/system.

Searched, haven't found a supplier in US for these... Pegagus has some other series, but not these...(haven't called them yet). Didn't find them at Spruce and Spar....same for McMaster-Carr.

Any ideas or leads on a source would be appreciated.

Only need a handful, perhaps 12-20....with retainer clip. So far, appears to be more of a UK item...hope someone over here has them.

Thanks.

Bob L.

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

A picture might help but I got a nice assortment of Camloc stuff from Aircraft Spruce and/or Wicks Aircraft. They might be worth a call too, since I didn't see your listed Series number on their websites.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Contributing Member
    Liked: 322

Looks like the p/n may have changed to MHSTLS-20Z or similar.

Fallen Friend

Quote Originally Posted by Garey Guzman View Post
    A picture might help but I got a nice assortment of Camloc stuff from Aircraft Spruce and/or Wicks Aircraft. They might be worth a call too, since I didn't see your listed Series number on their websites.
    Will try for pic. just not very simple on apex....figured description should cover? Did check Spruce and looked in my Wicks catalog...nada.

Haven't checked the updated pn given (one I found was for plated steel, from 2019 camloc catalog) Don't need ss. Real issue is where in states to source but a few?

Okie

Contributing Member
    Liked: 322

US office number for Anemo Engineering, who manufacture Turnlock, is +1 347 391 7650 according to their website.

Fallen Friend

Default pictures?

not greatest...but here they are. Okie

Attached Images Attached Images

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Fallen Friend

Quote Originally Posted by tlracer View Post
    US office number for Anemo Engineering, who manufacture Turnlock, is +1 347 391 7650 according to their website.
    Thanks...found that last night, haven't called. Hoped to find a supplier of just a few, imagine they'll want 10,000 min. order, but don't know til I call...

Thanks.

Bob L.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 272

Default Raceparts

Try Raceparts USA at Road Atlanta - they get weekly shipments from Raceparts UK and they are distributors of just about all the UK racecar fastners. Talk to Ben Paddick
    Phil

Liked: 5

Default Camloc

Bob, try Skybolt in Leesburg, Fl.

Fallen Friend

Quote Originally Posted by CJD View Post
    Bob, try Skybolt in Leesburg, Fl.
    Wow, Chris......lots of stuff in catalog, Cloc brand---58 pages!, but none with spring washers, like I seek... all I found there were coil springs...lots of other stuff... thanks for lead, had forgotten them. I also looked in my Monroe Areospace catalog without success. Still haven't called mfgr. Will give Ben a try first.. a good guy..

Bob L.

Liked: 98

We’re you ever able to source these? My Anson uses them too.

Thread Information