Contributing Member John Merriman's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Default Engine Rules Update

The attached MS Word document is a comprehensive listing of all FF1600 Engine rules changes, current as of 2 Feb 05. Information on the new forged piston is included as is information on various aftermarket parts sources. The update, as posted, will be included in upcoming editions of Jake's book "How to Build and Maintain Competitive (yet legal) FF1600 Engines". Dave Hopple and I put this together so that the entire evolution of the rules - since Jake's book was first published - could be found in one place. We welcome any questions, comments or other relevant input on any aspect of the information. Please email me directly at MerrRace@optonline.net. Thanks. John

Liked: 23

I'd love to read this. Thanks for putting it all in one place. But can anyone convert that to pdf? (Mac bastard, I know...)
    ------------------
    'Stay Hungry'
    JK 1964-1996 #25

Liked: 1

Default Pdf

Tim, I can convert it. I'll do it at work tomorrow and email it to you.-Dave

Liked: 162

John and Dave: On page 2, first paragraph, it seems that one of the AE valve part numbers should be for the exhaust valve, but that's not stated. Excellent idea to make this an update to Jake's work.
    There is a glitch in the continuum...

Liked: 1

Default typos!!

Damn, thanks Bob! Between John, Tom Andresen and myself we all missed that ( I just shipped 25 books) I've been printing these books since 1997 for Jake and got to know Jake pretty well. John Merriman was very kind to write a very nice dedication to Jake which now goes on the inside of the front cover of latest printing the FF book (available at Pegasus and other fine auto racing places, sorry couldn't resist the plug ) . Which along with a PDF (with Bobs correction on the Valve) version of the update is available for everybody to download and print here.
    Thanks-Dave

P.S. also a fixed version of the word doc.
    Last edited by Dave Hopple; 10.13.07 at 11:00 AM.

Liked: 23

Thanks Dave. All your alternative platform friends thank you as well.
    ------------------
    'Stay Hungry'
    JK 1964-1996 #25

Thread Information