Thread: Jetting

Liked: 2

Default Jetting

We just picked up 71 FF Titan in Denver, can anyone tell me what gear ratios & jetting ( main & air corrector ) are correct for Sonoma? Thanks Mike

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 186

If the carbs have been set before you bought the car, you may not need to do anything with carb jets.

If you do need to make adjustments, Jake Lamonts book has a good section on carburetors and jetting. It will give you a good starting point. As Jake notes, once they are set, you can leave them alone. They will not be sensitive to different tracks/weather conditions.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

With Denver altitude over 5,000 ft, and Sonoma Raceway in Ca about sea level, I’d think there would be some jetting difference. Mike

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Late Braking Member
    Liked: 217

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    With Denver altitude over 5,000 ft, and Sonoma Raceway in Ca about sea level, I’d think there would be some jetting difference. Mike
    Mike,

Start with the same jets and gears as the Merlyn.

Steve

Contributing Member racingflyboy's Avatar
    Liked: 71

I know the car. Congrats on purchasing a beautiful Titan! 99% sure it was last run in CO, ~5000ft ASL. Going to near sea level, change jets (main & secondary Fuel jets only -the ones in the bowl) to one full size larger. This will get you close (as a rule of thumb). If you don't you will run very lean. I would not use another car as reference as to what size to use, we find that these Webers are all very independent little devils, and the jets in one may or may not need to be the same as those in another at the same elevation and the same type engine. Also, do not mess with the dump tubes - those small brass tubes that curve down into the carb venturis. Those are set on the dyno, and affect the individual cylinders (as seen on a 4 channel EGT). (That is of course, assuming no one messed with them since they were set, and knowing the previous owner, I'm sure he would not have)

Sorry to see that car leave Colorado, but I wish you all the best and serious enjoyment with it! Bring to back to CO and run with RMVR anytime!

Steve
    Steve Barkley
    1969 Palliser-Winkelmann WDF1 FF1600

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Delete

Default Jetting

Steve thanks for the info. Your right its a beautiful car, and well maintained. I knew we needed a larger jets but didn’t know how much larger. We are looking forward to getting the car on the track, may make the June race @ Thunder hill. Thanks Mike

Thread Information