Thread: Tires

Liked: 3

Default Tires

Anyone out there that has Avon slicks or Rains left over from the defunct Pro series. I am looking for a set of each to set up my Zetec car for this season.

(The new FA rules force me to run the 8/10" rims and Avons this year.)

Sean Maisey
    757-220-7312

Liked: 0

Sean,

I have a set of the cooper zeon slicks and a set of rains that were on car when I bought it. Let me know if you want them.

I am located in west central Illinois.

Tony
    email:ajspecht@msn.com

Liked: 286

Default Avon Tyre Sources

You might also try this source, who recently posted to the SCCA Pro website:

Hi!
    We have over 800 Avon tires in all different sizes that we are trying to sell to scca drivers.
    We are selling for under 50% off.
    Our email address is:
    twharff@tusco.net
    and we will ship for free.
    We are new to the SCCA World so I am unsure
    where to start to try to move some of these tires.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Trish W.

Another source is Ron Cortez at AIM Tire, 800-578-2071. He's in California, but give him a call if the above doesn't work out.
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Liked: 0

Default Avon Tires

Zetecs will be required to run Avon's in club racing this year? Which compound? I assume it is the A53 that was run in the pro series.

Liked: 3

Default Zetecs in Club Racing

The wording is a bit vague, but essentially says that the 8/10" wheels and tires are required and that the car must conform to current pro series rules and the driver must carry an up-to-date set of the 'pro' rules to each race for tech to use to inspect the car for compliance.

Honestly, this sucks for me personally. I was enjoying just running my car in 2002 pro spec as a low cost way to keep running 4-5 Nationals a year and attending the runoffs. Now if I need to keep up with the Pro series parts specs, I may as well just run the pro series and skip SCCA events entirely...

Sean

Thread Information