Liked: 108

Default Barn find of another kind.

I've been lucky to stumble upon some good race car deals in the past. I have now found something a bit out of my
    Wheelhouse. Anyone out there know anything about Chevy muscle cars? I have made an offer on a 66ish Corvette
    And a 60 something Chevelle. I know nothing about this stuff and could use some help
    I'm only one of a few that knows the cars are available . I have a bunch of pictures I can send. Would really like someone to come take a look. I have access to the cars anytime but I suspect they won't be here long.
    Pm me
    Thanks
    Don

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 915

[QUOTE=djones;650579... Anyone out there know anything about Chevy mussel cars? ..[/QUOTE]

They are fishing boats. Sorry, couldn't resist.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Default Atro correct

I'll blame that on auto korect

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 121

I used to work with a guy restoring old Camaros and Chevelle's. Unless you know a restoration was done as a frame off, rotisserie, no expense spared restoration, then it wasn't. Everything is made to look and work good enough.
    Even though you consider it out of your wheelhouse, the same principle applies just like formula cars. Look them over top to bottom and anything that just doesn't smell quite right, isn't. That said, if you're getting a bargain and don't mind the work and expense....

Contributing Member
    Liked: 85

get the VIN numbers
    you can trace them thru forums etc to see how the car was originally built, so that you have an idea if stuff like SS badges are real

Liked: 531

I know a good bit having owned my C2 for 20+ years. But I’m nowhere near the location where you said they can be inspected. PM me your phone number and maybe we can setup a FaceTime for me to guide you while you are on site.

Default Thanks

Thanks guys. Yes keeping this close to the chest. Fortunately it's kinda invitation only. I have a couple Chevy fanatic buddies coming out today to sort thru the stuff and educate me. I now know the Chevelle is a 66. Rather it was a couple formula cars or sports racers. Oh well can't win them all! Lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information