Liked: 0

Default Looking for show car/rolling shell as an art piece.

Hey guys, thanks the add. I am not a race enthusiast by any means, I do apologize ahead if I ask dumb questions or offend anyone with the idea I got. I run a small auto related shop in Troy, MI. Currently moving to a new building and it has this big opening on a wall in lobby/waiting room area. I was thinking it would be cool to put like a formula or indy replica/show car in there. Unfortunately don’t have a budget for those expensive european replicas. Looking for something used but cool looking.
    Maybe someone is looking for an engine and transmission and we can buy a race car and you take the drivetrain and I take the roller? We bought the building so the car will be up there on a wall for as long as business is running.
    Any suggestions are highly appreciated, and will consider any options. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 433

Sending PM on something you might like. The only completed Formula Ford built by the Legendary Bob Riley. It's a Lynx. One of one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Graham

Liked: 324

I believe this car is still for sale as a roller (no engine) or slider (no engine/trans). Pretty cool looking car and was inexpensive

https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...t-Formula-Ford
    -John Allen
    Tacoma, WA
    '82 Royale RP31M
    (‘72 Royale RP16 stolen in 2022)

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

Quote Originally Posted by scorp997 View Post
    I believe this car is still for sale as a roller (no engine) or slider (no engine/trans). Pretty cool looking car and was inexpensive

https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...t-Formula-Ford
    I'd rather have the Lynx FF but it wouldn't be wall art!
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 121

I have an FC that is in need of both an engine and transmission that may fit in your ideas. It has wings etc and is vaguely similar to the pic you posted. It is a current project in my shop and could be made to work to suit your needs.
    If interested, send me a pm with more details of your expectations, budget, etc., and maybe we could work something out.
    Thanks!
    Bill

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Garey Guzman View Post
    I'd rather have the Lynx FF but it wouldn't be wall art!
    Lynx FF is way out of my price range, I don’t need engine or transmission.

Thread Information