Thread: RF97 Honda FF

Liked: 95

Default RF97 Honda FF

I’m selling my 97 VD since I just finished building a 2000 VD and don’t have room for 2 race cars in the garage. Yes, I would like to but can’t build an extension on the garage. I have had the car since 2015 and it has been a great car for me. I’ve had the car on the podium a few times at major’s races and at one of the FRP events in the master’s class.
    About the car, the frame of the car was modified by Eric Langbein to accept the Honda engine in 2012. Drivers compartment has been widened by 1.25”to give more elbow room. I’m 5’ 10” tall, wear a size 42 jacket, have a size 34” wide pants, and have more than enough room to be comfortable. Shifting nob has been relocated to allow drivers with long arms to shift without twisting their arm to get 2nd and 4th gear. I have added panels on the inside of the frame rails to keep my shoulder from moving around but they can be removed. I’m 185 lbs. and have 12 pounds of led ballast added I typically cross the scales at 1120 with a gallon of fuel left.
    The car has Penske 3 way adjustable shocks serviced by Eric Langbein. The engine was built by Quicksilver 4 years ago. Brake calipers are Wilwood 20 LD calipers on the front and Willwood LD19 calipers on the rear. Both sets of calipers and rotors were new 2 years ago. The fuel cell has a surge tank to prevent air from getting sucked into the fuel pump when it gets low on fuel. All 3 master cylinders replaced 2 years ago. Adjustable front sway bar, hard wired transponder. OMP belts good through 2025. Both Honda engine and chassis harnesses are new.

AIM EV04 Data System with front wheel speed sensors, front and rear brake pressure sensors, steering sensor, water pressure sensor. Has optional Honda harness all of the data for, oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, etc.

$28,000 for car and all spare parts.

Spare parts
    2 Sets of rims; 1 with mounted dry and 1 with rain tires.
    1 spare nose
    1 Full set of suspension components
    2 Axel shafts
    2 Radiators, 1 used 1 new
    4 Gear sets
    1 Quick jack
    1 Gear changing tray
    1 Fuel sampling hose
    1 Set of 6” car stands
    1 Bump steer gauge
    1 5/8” Master cylinder
    1 Spare body fasteners
    1 Rear sway bar and mounts
    1 Car cover

Sorry pictures are still not in the correct orientation, feel free to contact me with questions or pictures....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cjsmith; 12.12.22 at 7:16 PM.

Liked: 227

What a great deal! If you know Chris, you know this car has been meticulously maintained and improved during his stewardship.

Cory

3. The following 3 users liked this post:

A deposit has been recieved on this car and parts. It will be heading to Colorado.

5. The following 2 users liked this post:

The car has shipped to Colorado, a donatation has been sent to Apex speed. Thank you Apex

7. The following 3 users liked this post:

Thread Information