Thread: FIA belt source

Liked: 0

Well, if it is FIA belts we ought to buy, which ones are best, least expensive and where is the best place to get them? Porter sells Willans, I know that. Where else?
    Harry T. Angell<br />Bakersfield, CA

I like the Willans belts allthough I've looked at the Schroth belts and I like the anti-sub straps on there newest models.
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Harry,

My car came with expired Schroth belts which I really liked. I think they are really comfortable belts with nice adjusters and release mechanisms.

Really good prices on FIA belts can be found at:

www.primmracing.com

The Rally team I crew for is sponsored by them. I bought my OMP suit from them. Great Price$!! About $350 cheaper than anywhere I could find it in the US!

Dante owns Primm and he has an importer/dc relationship with DemonTweeks. You can buy direct from DemonTweeks, but have to deal with customs, etc. It's a little cheaper but more hassle. Dante has everything drop shipped from DT and handles everything for you.

Liked: 605

eye got my willans for the 94 VD FC recently from: C&R racing, 6950 Guion Rd. Indianapolis IN 46268 ph 317-293-4100 or www.crracing.com $240.00 included shipping.

Liked: 17

Hi,
    Note that some belts have an adjuster on the lap belt that can make the lap belt to long. The willans "Silverstone 6 single seater" does not have it, the sabelt does.

Henrik

http://www.willansharness.com/

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/catalo...CODE=SAB901225
    "Trying is the first step towards faliure"
    Homer Simpson

www.hhtech.se

Liked: 123

I use Willans Silverstone, which have to have the lap belt mounting bolts loosened to adjust. Bad if you're on a diet (or not on a diet, I suppose), or if you share the car with a second driver with another shape...otherwise fantastic. They use 5/16" mounting bolts, so may be a problem if the car is set up for 3/8".

Britian West handles them, and the price was very competitive.

Brian

I'm working with Motorsports Seats (888-504-0280)right now to order up a set of Schroths. They have had me talking with MDI/Schroth to make sure we have the proper application, even sent emails of the belt attachement points. They have a new ASM system for the subs that sounds like a very good advancement in belt safety.

Of course the MDI/Schroth sells the Hans device and has almost convinced me to get the Hans device, any reason I should not get the Hans device, besides the $1000.

Wooly

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Harry,

Porter carries Willans. He also carries Crossle parts for your car. What's the problem? Willans are fine belts, and Neil Porter is a strong supporter of FF racing. Would you rather give your business to Soupbone's Roundy-Round Racing in an attempt to save $5? I'd recommend that you support those who support your sport! If in doubt, consider where you would get spares if Neil wasn't in business...

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Wooly,
    You need to check the distance between the mounting points for the HANS unit. I am not able to use it in my CF because they are to far apart. But have worn it in the swift with good results. Actually need it because the shoulder mounting points are higher then my shoulders.

John

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Larry,

As a failed racing related retailer, I understand where you are coming from. I give what few dollars I have to the vendors that support the racers/classes/tracks I am involved with. We (I am not speaking for Harry) all need to make the decision as to what type of premium we are willing to pay for the convenience of having people like Neil around. 5%, 10%, 25%? Not meaning to imply that his prices are not fair. I bought my suit from someone who supported the team I worked with. I was criticized by some for not spending my money locally. We all need to decide how much more we are willing to pay to support the community. The money I saved by buying my suit elsewhere allowed me to purchase 2 noses from Neil. I buy everything I can through two people in the community. I really don't like supporting some "wal-mart of racing" but sometimes I can't justify not doing so.

Respectfully,

Daryl DeArman

Continental Motorsport Services also carries Willans belts. We can be reached at 888.459.4588 or continentalmotorsport@att.net. Our catalog is at www.continentalmotorsport.com.

Jennie Morsch

Liked: 605

sorry jim...eye gotta tell the truth here, i only bot @ c&r cuz you were out of 'em

Thread Information