Liked: 18

For Sale 1995 Dallara Formula 3 #005

SOLD !The last car in my collection, one that has been my centerpiece for several years, is now for sale. It is Ralf Schumacher's German Formula 3 Championship Series ride. He logged 4 victories, 3 pole positions and 6 fastest laps enroute to Second Place in the final standings. At the end of the 1995 season Opel Team WTS (Weber-Trella-Stuttgart) removed the engine and warehoused the car. It was never raced again. WTS would acquire all new Dallatas for their 1996 season. An American car collector obtained the car from WTS and a new X20XE engine from Spiess in 2013-14. I obtained the car in 2017 to specifically serve as the highlight of my collection. The car has been "exercised" on my driveway from time-to-time in order to keep seals supple and everything lubricated. A full set of Pirelli P Zero slicks is included in the event the new owner is considering Track Time. Asking $30,000

A number of respondents have been curious about what it would take to reconfigure the car to run in Formula X. I have discouraged this. I would rather see a new owner want to show off the car in the line-up of his car collection. That is what I did. I believe the car has historical value. If a prespective new owner seemed likely to do this I would offer a significant discount.

ApexSpeed username Texarnold
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by texarnold; 08.08.22 at 6:02 PM. Reason: SOLD !

2. The following 6 users liked this post:

Liked: 0

Open to any trades?

Quote Originally Posted by Surffly View Post
    Open to any trades?
    No trades

Liked: 1124

What an extraordinary car, Tex!

It’s sad to see you selling out. I well recall a photo my dad took of your 275 at either Road America or La Junta in I think 1975. What a long, fun ride you’ve had!

Thanks for your contributions to racing, and particularly to our mutual state.

All the Best to You, Tex.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Default 1995 Dallara Formula Three

Quote Originally Posted by E1pix View Post
    What an extraordinary car, Tex!

It’s sad to see you selling out. I well recall a photo my dad took of your 275 at either Road America or La Junta in I think 1975. What a long, fun ride you’ve had!

Thanks for your contributions to racing, and particularly to our mutual state.

All the Best to You, Tex.
    The ride has been better than any three-ring circus you can imagine ! But, at 90, I can't red line the shifts any more.
    Thank you for the kind words. Cheers, Tex

7. The following 5 users liked this post:

Liked: 1124

Cheers back, and Thanks for the memories.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Hi Tex, would you be able to message me your contact info. I’m interested in seeing if we can make a deal. Thanks Jon-

Default Dallara

Quote Originally Posted by BattleLab View Post
    Hi Tex, would you be able to message me your contact info. I’m interested in seeing if we can make a deal. Thanks Jon-

PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by texarnold View Post
    PM sent
    Sorry Tex, no PM came in, not sure if apex has PM blocked. You can give me a call or text at 951-214-zero nine zero 8

Default Dallara

Got SMS recording. Email me: texarnold33@gmail.com

SOLD !
    Last edited by texarnold; 08.08.22 at 6:01 PM. Reason: SOLD !

Thread Information