Liked: 9

Default SCCA SFR meeting Saturday v

Jeff etz thank you I listened to the Saturday meeting and you asked all the questions I would have asked the statement that Scca won’t have run offs west of the Mississippi I remember. And why have more than 1 qual was spot on and mixed clases of course Atkinis in a sports racer and doesn’t care because he’s in a fastest car we all k ow in national races we race with one eye in the mirror thank you again for speaking up also USAC is sanctioned the guys in northeast plus many pro events like Dan Anderson f 2000 series so insurance is covered like you asked there are options for us. With 150 entry averages sfr is not going last unless you want to pay 1000. 00 for a regional worker s and laguna deal will break them. Where does thunder hill profit go too???Thank you Jeff

Liked: 9

Quote Originally Posted by tahoe z View Post
    Jeff etz thank you I listened to the Saturday meeting and you asked all the questions I would have asked the statement that Scca won’t have run offs west of the Mississippi I remember. And why have more than 1 qual was spot on and mixed clases of course Atkinis in a sports racer and doesn’t care because he’s in a fastest car we all k ow in national races we race with one eye in the mirror thank you again for speaking up also USAC is sanctioned the guys in northeast plus many pro events like Dan Anderson f 2000 series so insurance is covered like you asked there are options for us. With 150 entry averages sfr is not going last unless you want to pay 1000. 00 for a regional worker s and laguna deal will break them. Where does thunder hill profit go too???Thank you Jeff
    Jeff pietz sorry to misspelled your last name

Liked: 10

Default Sfr

Quote Originally Posted by tahoe z View Post
    The meeting on Saturday identified some difficult issues. I was left with a number of questions:

Does the major race which we hold on an annual basis cost SFR money? I am under the impression that all the revenue for that event goes to the national club. I would like to know the answer to that. Does SFR take a loss on that event? That 94k that I saw in the financials going to national bothers me. If the region is taking a hit why should we have the event? Would our books be better if we simply did that weekend as a regional? Who needs a major? I was told people who want to go to the runoffs want the major so they can get points to qualify. There are other ways to qualify for the runoffs. With the race being held East of the Mississippi there can't be many SFR members who are going. I think the region coughing up 94 K for a handful of us to go to VIR this year makes little sense. Maybe we should survey the club to get some feeling for that. When SCCA national announced that the runoffs were never going West again I began to question why the largest region in SCCA needs SCCA. Even if there are good reasons to stay in SCCA
    I think our regional leaders should at least let national know we might have other options if they don't justify our being part of SCCA.

I was told we need their sanctions and insurance. I suspect we could shop that around if we wanted.

The costs at Laguna seem to be getting crazy. My friend in South Carolina runs at Carolina Motorsports park for three days for $400. Are we really without leverage? Maybe there is no leverage but maybe we should try saying no to their demands and find out if they need us as much as we need them? Not sure if this makes sense. Maybe we tell them they cost too much and drop a race weekend there and replace it with another T hill and see if they care. I do not know maybe they will not care. But maybe with our pro support we could get them to throw in a few more asphalt days? I do not know. Just asking.

I noticed the large increase in ambulance crew costs. This reminds me of the rising costs of nurses recently spurred by the pandemic. Nurses quit their full time jobs and doubled their incomes by becoming travelers. However, there are now so many travelers that the hospitals have dramatically decreased the rate they pay for them. Supply and demand bites again.
    I wonder if a similar approach here would make sense.

All in all I get the feeling that we are not pushing back on these sorts of issues. I must admit that I do not know if that feeling is fair or justified. I have just been a racer not a club leader and I realize there are many good people in the club who have given far more to the club than me. I do not want to criticize but I am asking.

Thread Information