Thread: new fuel rule

Classifieds Super License John Robinson II's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default new fuel rule

Has anyone seen more info on the new fuel rule? I thought it still had to be approved by the comp board at their Dec meeting.

John

Liked: 3787

Default Confused also

OK, I'm a bit confused also. Fuel has been something that I never had to worry about... what being a regional racer in the SEDIV. "What fuel rules, we don't need no stickin' fuel rules."
    Now that I'm considering running Nationals, I'm trying to deciper what the hell I'm supposed to run for fuel. Fingerprints, footprints, sampling, mixing two legals makes an illegal, yadda yadda yadda. I think somehow this fule thing has gotten by me.

? ? ?

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

I believe the BoD will vote on a fuel rule this weekend-there was a reference in Fastrack a month ago or so...It would be a wonderful thing if we don't have to buy any more $28/gal rocket fuel...
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Liked: 287

Default Dec Meeting

The February FastTrack is now on the SCCA website -- however, it starts with "due to publishing deadlines, minutes from the Dec 7th meeting aren't available". I wonder when they plan to publish the list of required/legal fuels -- 1/1/05 is right around the corner.
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Liked: 14

Default fuel rule

I asked Brian Holtz ( BoD) about the timing of any change and when it would be implemented. He said IF there is any change it would be put into effect mid way thru the year. I asked specifically since i didnt want to get to florida and find out a rule change was posted while i was on the road or while down there.

Kevin
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Liked: 287

Default Ok

That's interesting, because the last thing published was the Dec FasTrack, and it specifically states (multiple times) that is proposal is to be effective 1/1/05.
    David Ferguson
    Veracity Racing Data
    Shift RPM App for iOS
    805-238-1699

Liked: 14

Default fuel

thats why I asked. basiucally it came down to not enough time to get the information out if it was changed. Its all well and good to say its posted on the net but everyone doesnt have net access. There is no way to hold people to a rule the second week in january that they didnt even know existed yet.

Plus it will give time to those that have a fuel supply left to use it up if its not on the approved list.

Kevin
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Liked: 608

show a receipt for AV gas from the Sebring airport at the Jan. National and there should be no protesting it's use. i've still got 10 gallons from the last time down there - made the generator purr during the huricanes too

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

Default Fresh from Topeka

Per Bryan Cohn today....the 2004 fuel rules are still in effect- there has been no decision to change them at this time...

So for everyone headed to Florida, grab your wallet, pack your respirator, we're still using rocket fuel.
    Last edited by Bob Wright; 12.21.04 at 6:56 PM.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Liked: 36

John, Bob, good luck to all. Have fun, race hard and come home in one piece.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

John, MaryAnn and Davy

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Receipt for AvGas

Eye,

As a steward, I can assure you that a receipt for Avgas would have no standing in a protest--at least not with good stewards. If the fuel tests OK, it's OK. If it doesn't, it's just not legal. It doesn't matter whether you have a receipt or a note from your mother.

Larry Oliver
    Larry Oliver

Liked: 608

eye agree larry, the real point was that AV gas use should not be prohibited

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Larry
    or a note from your mother.

Larry Oliver
    ROFL!!!!
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thread Information