Contributing Member Don Denomme's Avatar
    Liked: 4

Default Data Acquisition Seminar

Some have you have been asking about this type of seminar. Rick Hiland of RIC RACING and I are holding an all day Data Acquisition seminar at his race shop in Bow, NH (just outside of Concord, NH) on Sunday, Feb. 6th. It covers good basic information on choosing a system, number of channels available, data interpretation and more. It's a hands-on seminar that gives you an opportunity to see varius systems, installation hints and view data downloads.

Contact me if you would like additional information. Thanks.

Don

catdon2@worldnet.att.net

I've gotten several inquires for this seminar and most ask if this would be good for a beginner. This seminar is designed SPECIFICALLY for the beginner who has not made a purchase as yet or who is having trouble dealing with what the have.

We review existing systems such as Pi, MyChron, etc. and look at what format the data is presented. How many channels should you start with. Can the system be upgraded. What type of sensors are available. What should you know about proper "hard wire" installation techniques. And more.

While we do a basic review of the types of readouts available and how to use them, it's not a day spent reviewing data and looking for hidden info. This is a day spent in basic system review so that you can walk away with some confidence in your choice of system and the data it can provide. Remember, it all depends on what information you need and/or can effectively use, and not on how much data you can collect.

As always, contact me with any questions that you may have regarding the seminar.

Don

catdon2@worldnet.att.net

Liked: 0

Default Possible road trip?

Hi:

Would it be possible to have you put on the seminar in the Atlanta, GA area sometime? If so, what kind of compensation/minimum number of attendees would be needed to get you here. Would it need to be limited to formula car drivers, or could other car class drivers attend?

Do you cover other popular systems such as AIM etc? Several locals seem to be gravitating towards the AIM systems.

Once we know what your fees would be, we could determine reasonable expenses for flights to/from, lodging and meal expenses. From that we could determine the total cost to the attendees.

Also, what kind of equipment would be needed to put on the seminar?

If you might be interested in coming down here, I will start another thread to see if there is enough interest on this end.

Thanks,

Rick Johnson (rickjohnson@mindspring.com)

Hi Rick! I'll email you with the particulars once I have an opportunity to talk with Rick. As for the AIM system, I find it quite good for the money. Rick has several customer cars with Pi Systems, while his son's Club Ford, as well as my own car, have AIM Systems. Also, we don't limit it to formula cars. Data is data.

I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for the interest.

Don

Seminar is only little more than two weeks away and there are a few spots still available.

Don

catdon2@worldnet.att.net

I mentioned that there are a few spots open. We like to keep the classes at our home shop down to approx. 10 people so that we can give everyone the opportunity to get as much up-close time as possible. This also allows for maximum Q&A time. The price is $250 for a full 9 to 5 day. We don't cut you off at 5. We finish our formal presentation by 5PM so that those who have to travel can plan on a time. We stay around as long as it takes to answer any remaining questions. Again, we have only two weeks to go.

Don

catdon2@worldnet.att.net

Thread Information