Liked: 1

Default 2005 Barras/Van Diemen RF89

$8000obo Need gone.

Bought off another member here just had a CRX Champcar project fall in my lap that I need the garage space to complete.

Mostly copy and paste of previous owners ad. Did several autocross and track sessions with car, ran well minus few various issues I fixed but overall solid car that needs a few small things to just run trackdays. Current gearing would prohibit any kind of competition in autocross and could most likely be run in P2 but again not competitive due to the weight.

This is a “one off” built in England in 2005 by Karl Barras in 2005. Two seat sports racer utilizing Van Diemen RF89 suspension (stock geometry), LD200 and a dry sumped Sierra 8V 2.0L motor est 155hp.

As it sits it weighs approx. 1400 lbs w/fuel, no driver. Size wise the car has a 98” WB, 13’ 4” O/A Length (from tip of splitter to rear tip of wing) and an O/A width of 67”. O/A height to top of rollbar is 44”. I’m not sure of total fuel capacity, documents with the car listed 3 gallons but has taken 5 gallons after pump began scavenging. Car drives well, feels very stable and solid. Car has 6” F / 8” R Compomotives mounted w/R25 compound Hoosiers (20x7x13 F and 22x9x13 R) and one spare set of the same wheels mounted w/ new Hoosier R25 hand grooved “Intermediates”(stored a few years). Current gearsets in the car are 14:36 Fixed layshaft 1st / 17:35 2nd / 19:32 3rd / 21:30 4th. Included are a 22:28 and a non integral 1st gear layshaft. Ring and pinion is a 13:36. In addition, I have 1 unmounted set of new Hoosier R25 hand grooved “Intermediates” (have been stored a few years)Also included are a few sets of Hoosier R35 S2000 takeoffs –again a few years old – good if you just want to run some track days with the car. Also included are molds for the front and rear bodywork and the air intake “scoop”. The current body work is very heavy. The car has a CASC Logbook with annual inspections in ’08, ’10, ’12 and ’14 but only shows one race in 2008. There is also a book of calculations done during the original construction of the chassis – a bit over my pay grade, but interesting reading for the engineer. Car should go back on a set of scales and have the alignment checked along with a “nut & bolt” again prior to another track day.

Now included with the car 2002 SVT Zetec that is a direct bolt in to the LD200 would need to fab mounts and rebuild the motor. Also included are the following spare gear sets:
    15/30 1st, Uppers: 16/35, 18/33, 20/27, 23/28 and LD200 gear change tool.

Have almost every NIB spare sensor for the car as well as spare gaskets from the UK.

New front brake lines/rotors/pads.
    New drivers belts.
    New oil hoses.
    New stainless braided fuel lines and filters.

LD200/ clutch/ engine are all in good condition.

Needs tune as I don’t think it was tuned for Florida but runs fine just a little too rich during cold starts and possible front crankshaft seal (included). Could also use an alignment. Will include Megasquirt harness and most of the sensor plugs to complete the harness. There is also a company that sells a megasquirt computer ready to plug into existing Ford harness, I can forward the info if interested.

Located in LaBelle, FL

Asking $8000 obo

Can reach me at mrraffi@aol.com
    Last edited by raffi4; 04.25.19 at 9:32 AM. Reason: Price.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by raffi4 View Post
    $8000obo Need gone.

Bought off another member here just had a CRX Champcar project fall in my lap that I need the garage space to complete.

Mostly copy and paste of previous owners ad. Did several autocross and track sessions with car, ran well minus few various issues I fixed but overall solid car that needs a few small things to just run trackdays. Current gearing would prohibit any kind of competition in autocross and could most likely be run in P2 but again not competitive due to the weight.

This is a “one off” built in England in 2005 by Karl Barras in 2005. Two seat sports racer utilizing Van Diemen RF89 suspension (stock geometry), LD200 and a dry sumped Sierra 8V 2.0L motor est 155hp.

As it sits it weighs approx. 1400 lbs w/fuel, no driver. Size wise the car has a 98” WB, 13’ 4” O/A Length (from tip of splitter to rear tip of wing) and an O/A width of 67”. O/A height to top of rollbar is 44”. I’m not sure of total fuel capacity, documents with the car listed 3 gallons but has taken 5 gallons after pump began scavenging. Car drives well, feels very stable and solid. Car has 6” F / 8” R Compomotives mounted w/R25 compound Hoosiers (20x7x13 F and 22x9x13 R) and one spare set of the same wheels mounted w/ new Hoosier R25 hand grooved “Intermediates”(stored a few years). Current gearsets in the car are 14:36 Fixed layshaft 1st / 17:35 2nd / 19:32 3rd / 21:30 4th. Included are a 22:28 and a non integral 1st gear layshaft. Ring and pinion is a 13:36. In addition, I have 1 unmounted set of new Hoosier R25 hand grooved “Intermediates” (have been stored a few years)Also included are a few sets of Hoosier R35 S2000 takeoffs –again a few years old – good if you just want to run some track days with the car. Also included are molds for the front and rear bodywork and the air intake “scoop”. The current body work is very heavy. The car has a CASC Logbook with annual inspections in ’08, ’10, ’12 and ’14 but only shows one race in 2008. There is also a book of calculations done during the original construction of the chassis – a bit over my pay grade, but interesting reading for the engineer. Car should go back on a set of scales and have the alignment checked along with a “nut & bolt” again prior to another track day.

Now included with the car 2002 SVT Zetec that is a direct bolt in to the LD200 would need to fab mounts and rebuild the motor. Also included are the following spare gear sets:

Have almost every NIB spare sensor for the car as well as spare gaskets from the UK.

New drivers belts.
    New oil hoses.

Needs tune as I don’t think it was tuned for Florida but runs fine just a little too rich during cold starts and possible front crankshaft seal (included). Could also use an alignment. Will include Megasquirt harness and most of the sensor plugs to complete the harness. There is also a company that sells a megasquirt computer ready to plug into existing Ford harness, I can forward the info if interested.

Located in LaBelle, FL

Asking $8000 obo

Has this sold ?

Liked: 0

$8000obo Need gone.

New drivers belts.
    New oil hoses.

Located in LaBelle, FL

Asking $8000 obo

Interested very interested plz pm me

Liked: 710

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanrf89 View Post
    Interested very interested plz pm me
    I strongly suggest sending an e-mail to address listed. This seller has exactly one post on Apexspeed and it was 3 years ago so I don't expect he checks in here very often, if at all. Good luck!
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 649

$8000obo Need gone.

New drivers belts.
    New oil hoses.

Located in LaBelle, FL

Asking $8000 obo

Sir, where in Florida?
    V/r

Iverson

Thread Information