Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

Default Generators and RV Generators in Cali

Liked: 605

And years ago before the US Post Office decided that using only two letters on a mailing address was the way it should be, the
    abbreviation for California was CALIF.......

........which eventually was explained to me to mean.....

Come
    And
    Live
    In
    Florida

won't ya just love it when some California tree hugging nut case blows up the power lines and no one will be able to recharge or run anything cuz it's all EV. In Florida the power can go out for days from hurricanes but we have different laws here.

Wait until California bans gas all together.........in about 40 years?? .....some people have an agenda.

Liked: 956

Quote Originally Posted by EYERACE View Post
    And years ago before the US Post Office decided that using only two letters on a mailing address was the way it should be, the
    abbreviation for California was CALIF.......

........which eventually was explained to me to mean.....

Come
    And
    Live
    In
    Florida

won't ya just love it when some California tree hugging nut case blows up the power lines and no one will be able to recharge or run anything cuz it's all EV. In Florida the power can go out for days from hurricanes but we have different laws here.

Wait until California bans gas all together.........in about 40 years?? .....some people have an agenda.
    We don't need some nut case to blow up our powerlines or grid system. We have PG&E who operate the grid without any maintenance or inspection until it's a smoldering hole in the ground. Result? 80 people burned to death, thousands of homes and millions of acres of land burned because of a worn out hook 100 years old. Governor and PUC in the power companies' pockets....
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

4. The following 4 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    We don't need some nut case to blow up our powerlines or grid system. We have PG&E who operate the grid without any maintenance or inspection until it's a smoldering hole in the ground. Result? 80 people burned to death, thousands of homes and millions of acres of land burned because of a worn out hook 100 years old. Governor and PUC in the power companies' pockets....
    One of the issues with maintenance and delivery of power is restricted access. Much of the grid is in 'environmentalists territory'.

They are supposed to deliver power without killing any lizards. They can't change out equipment (maintenance) without an extensive environmental review. So they don't.

The announcement of possibly extending the permits for Diablo is the most reasonable thing Sacramento has said in years.
    Nuclear is the green future.

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1124

I hope to see the day when we can get away from weak wingtips and back to the strong core of the Eagle.

Edited to clarify:
    The above was not directed at anyone — but rather only the linked story and the extremes it seems every proposal exists in these days, and the complete social separations resulting from this. We’re falling apart, and away from each other.

It’s easy to blame everyone else for these issues. I well recall the Cuyahoga River fire, so obviously there’s been gains from the protagonists who fought for change. At the outset, the intentions made perfect sense, now not so much in many cases.

It’s not in our interest to leave behind a toxic wasteland, like the Great Lakes of my youth certainly were, but too many things are going waaay too far, or at least too soon for alternatives to have evolved. Unreasonable and unrealistic bickering points are driving it and are distractive from reality. I am not pro-RV, and our power source is 100% solar and propane, but that isn’t an option for most.

I get a particular kick out of an uncle who brags about six kids and well over 20 grandkids, and then complains about long lines at national parks. This points to the real source of nearly all enviro issues, and I’ve yet to hear a single politician even mention it. I believe solutions lie in us over our failing systems.

Regardless, I have hope we can work together again — and it better be soon.
    Last edited by E1pix; 05.05.22 at 4:58 PM.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information