Liked: 313

Default Mouse-proof trailer insulation

Probably no such things as mouse “proof” but mouse resistant?

Plugged in the trailer and blew a fuse. Little guys got into the styrofoam insulation between the ceiling panels and the roof of the trailer and of course chewed the insulation off the wires.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Fallen Friend
    Liked: 168

Default cayenne pepper?

Reminds me of an article in Car and Driver I read at dentist's office several years ago....Had article focused on recycling in newer cars. Seems Honda had switched from petroleum based wire insulation...to biodegradable. Were hit with a bunch of complaints about wiring issues... seems "rats" and other varmints loved the new stuff. So they changed the formulation to include hot pepper. In fact they added electrical tape in parts dept. with new "hot" setup for service dept.

So, you might look for less tasty wiring or tape to wrap those you have now......buy some jars of the stuff to sprinkle around wires. I'd be worrying about race car, too. After all that's what the trailer is for, isn't it? I found dropping on the nicely painted floor pan of the 340 in the shop, plus some lifted paint areas. They're everywhere!

Bob L.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 78

Default Mice

They really like the styrofoam on the $1000 Carbon helmets too.
    Hybels

6. The following 2 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Hybels View Post
    They really like the styrofoam on the $1000 Carbon helmets too.
    Tastier for sure.

Liked: 1124

I’ve had great luck placing live-catch, galvanized steel mousetraps with peanut butter inside. I’m not one to kill critters for just being critters, raptors have to eat, too.

I’ve had no luck with several other “remedies” including prepared spice deterrents. If I was really having issues, I’d personally Google it but only after placing live traps in or near things you’re protecting.

Relocate at least a mile away. Seriously. They are very resourceful.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Liked: 482

Default This WORKS

I have two enclosed trailers I store in a mouse ridden barn. One is a camper… loads of mouse attractive space. When I store it, I put mint oil on about two dozen cotton balls and put them all over the place. Especially in mousey spots. I’m yet to have a single mouse nest, mouse poop, or chewed wire. And I KNOW there are mouse all around given what we find elsewhere in the barn.

I didn’t believe the suggestion at first. Seemed too unlikely but it does work for me.

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 115

Default Mice

I had the same problem with a car I store every winter until I tried peppermint oil...Like EricP explained, oil on cotton balls

12. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information